Global Category Manager - Human Resources IT Software
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Position Title: Global Category Manager – Human Resources IT Software
Location: Wilmington, Delaware or Indianapolis, Indiana
Responsibility for the development Human Resources category. This role is responsible for leading procurement projects and strategies for multiple categories in the Human Resources space (including Benefits, Compensation, HRIS, Talent, and Culture), with a focus on balancing superior service to HR clients with maximized value for the company of services purchased.
• Global lead for Human Resources Procurement category
knowledge and experience in a wide spectrum of HR areas required especially
global IT software implementation projects. This includes: RFP experience
within HR (consulting, benefit market checks, HRIS systems, etc.); Contracting
experience specifically related to compensation and benefits category; supplier
management experience; HR Industry knowledge of suppliers and best practices.
• The ability to deeply understand and utilize most
procurement processes, tools, and systems, execute & oversee lifecycle management
process, be a proven expert in category planning, development & execution,
as well as ability to achieve tangible results in competitive and
non-competitive supplier negotiations both directly and as a coach to others.
• Effective project management acumen and experience.
• Comprehend and draw insights from most financial data,
statements, and models.
• Execute complex contracts in accordance with policies and
• Rigorously identify, prioritize, mitigate, and monitor
• Write effective business communications independently and
adjusts style for intended audience. Effectively present own work in both
informal and formal settings.
• Assesses the viability, stability, and profitability of
complex initiatives / projects.
• Participate as full partner on the business, functions and
regional leadership teams to fully understand the business strategy and to
bring the external market place dynamics into the strategy and planning
• Engage with businesses, functions and regions to develop
strategies that deliver savings and growth that are aligned with business,
function and regional objectives.
• Drive execution of the NA region procurement category and
supplier relationship strategies.
• Develop and drive rigorous category and supplier performance
• Drive process and policy simplification, governance and
compliance. Develop competencies that understand competitive landscape and
industry trends and targeted development plans for all direct reports.
• Working with the buying team, fully evaluates the external
market and develops strategies to mitigate risk and create competitive
advantage versus our competition.
• Develops organization expertise recognized as “world
class” both internally and externally. Work collaboratively with other
sourcing colleagues to share best practices and procurement process
• Sets high standards for the organization for ethics,
professionalism and compliance to all internal controls.
• Manages all internal controls and contract-related aspects of
• Develops relationships with senior executives from key
suppliers and engages them in strategic supplier management for value creation
• Works with operations and functions to identify, assess,
qualify and develop new suppliers needed for competition and value delivery.
• BA/BS Degree with preferred focus on business
administration, finance, economics, or supply chain management preferred.
• Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Certification.
• Experience: 3+ years of procurement experience in related
HR field category focus areas as listed above with 7-10 years of general
procurement experience. Familiarity with business and contract law as applied
to supplier relationships required. Exposure to global sourcing is a plus.
• Computer Skills: Standard computer skills; experience in
spreadsheet, database and statistical analysis are necessary. Proficient in
Microsoft Office suite, SAP and Business Intelligence Systems.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal
communication skills; formal presentations are required.
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
Accessibility Page for Contact Information
For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law’ poster
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here