Senior Group Manager, Third Party Governance (TPG)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19809
The Senior Group Manager, Third Party Governance (TPG) Vendor Manager is a team member in the Third Party Vendor Management Group which is responsible for monitoring the onboarding and ongoing activities between BNY Mellon stakeholders and third parties. This leader collaborates with key business executives, business leaders, external Third Parties and internal subject matter experts to advance TPG program objectives, while adhering to all documented policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance and consulting on third party governance, oversight, and risk mitigation approaches throughout the third party lifecycle to business operations and key stakeholders
- Helps maintain accurate risk profile reporting and dashboards, sharing the results with key stakeholders across the business
- Leads the development of ongoing monitoring activities and protocols with third party relationships, bringing transparency to the residual risks of any engagements
- Validates and monitors controls across relevant risk domains as well as contractual adherence through carrying out regular remote and on-site visits with key third parties
- Ensures vendor risk exposures are accurately measured and reported, escalating issues to the relevant internal partner or subject matter expert to develop an appropriate remediation plan
- Coordinates with senior business leaders who serve the as Executive Sponsors for key vendors to oversee and manage their third party engagements
- Conducts business reviews for top vendors on a regular basis, enabling Engagement Managers and Engagement Sponsors to better manage vendor performance
- Serves as a strategic advisor for a portfolio of third party vendors, well versed in the details of specific engagements while simultaneously managing the broader list of vendors
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops a staff of more junior managers, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function as a team or lead for their team
Nature and Scope:
- Reports to Executive Director, Third Party Vendor Management
- This role has direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 12-15 years of total work experience, with 3-5 years of management experience, preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing teams preferred
- Experience in a large banking or financial institution as either an internal team member or as an external consultant is preferred
- Background in third party/vendor management and governance, procurement, or regulatory compliance is preferred
- Experience in Risk management organizations preferred
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Internal Jobcode: 85241
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1816499
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.