Administrative Assistant II, School of Education
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 493893
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Administrative Support
PAY GRADE: 26N
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Under general supervision of the Business Administrator I, the Administrative Assistant II is responsible for providing administrative, procedural, and financial support to the School of Education’s faculty, students, and prospective students.
• Provides initial point of contact assistance and administrative support to students, faculty and visitors, including relaying program, procedural, and contact information to prospective and current students, ordering supplies, distributing keys, managing space and Facilities requests, and providing classroom support.
• Serves as Procurement Card account administrator for transactions and allocations on internal departmental funds. Coordinates grant-related funds with our financial services unit.
• Assists the SOE Business Administrator with departmental budget reconciliation, including tagging, scanning and electronic filing of documents using UDataGlance, to stay in departmental compliance for auditing purposes.
• Departmental liaison with Procurement & Office of Graduate and Professional Education (OGPE) to handle travel for faculty and graduate students. Keeps detailed spreadsheets for all graduate travel from SOE and OGPE, distributing funding via web forms and declining balance cards. Ensures that all University, college, and school policies and procedures are met and fully documented.
• Coordinates the centralized administrative operations, including the hiring, funding, supervision, task assignments and pay for work-study students using UDTime.
• Collaborates with the school’s course scheduler in trouble shooting issues with student registration, course evaluations, and classroom assignments.
• Provides back-up support for event planning by making or confirming reservations as needed, booking rooms, and assisting guests or students with travel arrangements. Events include off site faculty meetings, Ph.D. Delaware Day, School Psychology luncheon, and job candidate visits.
• Maintains and updates the School of Education digital and hard copy files, including all student, faculty, committee, and program information.
• Provides limited administrative support to all of the faculty members, adjuncts and graduate students.
• Performs miscellaneous job related duties assigned.
• High school diploma or GED and two to three years’ administrative experience.
• The ability to have a positive and helpful attitude when facing unexpected problematic situations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as an ability to pay attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to help and work with a range of students and professionals.
• Able to work independently, handle multiple tasks at varying levels of complexity, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
• Able to work as a team in order to accomplish the goals for the School of Education.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/6ccnw7b5vyrhxdk4