Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
We are a global team of 6,000 visionaries, doers, and makers. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries. Together, we re-imagine good mornings and endless summers, beauty and bonding, confidence and determination.
From baby to body, Edgewell is passionate about making the little moments leading up to the big memories just a little bit easier. Simply, we aim to make the products that families rely on more inspired, more personal, and more trustworthy-so they can devote that much more energy to the people they care about most.
We are re-imagining personal care.
At Edgewell Personal Care, we’re passionate about helping people be at their best when it matters most: whether preparing for a first date, practicing for the big game, or protecting your family on vacation. The Edgewell family of brands has a product for everyone — with well-established brand names such as Schick® and Wilkinson Sword® men’s and women’s shaving systems and disposable razors; Edge® and Skintimate® shave preparations; Playtex®, Stayfree®, Carefree® and o.b.® feminine care products; Banana Boat® and Hawaiian Tropic® sun care products; Playtex® infant feeding, Diaper Genie® and gloves; and Wet Ones® moist wipes.
Responsible for ensuring the proficient and safe use of the forklift in lifting, moving, and packing of product. Operates a powered industrial truck to load and unload materials and moves them to and from storage areas, machines, loading docks, and trucks.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
2. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
3. Move in-process materials and finish stock to/from production areas.
4. Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
5. Accurately complete and document all product/material location movements.
6. Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
7. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
8. Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers using proper dock safety procedures.
9. Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a fork lift, clamp truck, or other powered equipment.
10. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform safety check on fork lift.
11. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
12. Assist in physical inventories.
13. Ensure proper stock rotation.
14. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
15. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse/plant. Follow all Edgewell safety and QSR/GMP policies.
16. Must maintain a current fork lift operator’s license and perform all other duties as required by supervision.
+ Education :
+ High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
+ Experience :
+ Over one month – up to six months
+ Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
+ Requires the use of simple writing, adding, and subtracting of whole numbers.
+ Carrying out instructions.
+ Use of fixed gauges and direct reading instruments and devices; interpretation not necessary.
+ Frequent lifting or moving of light weight material weighing 5 lbs. to 25 lbs. and occasional lifting or moving of average weight material weighing 25 lbs. to 60 lbs. required, assisted lift over 50 lbs.
Hourly rate of $14.76 plus shift premium (25 cents for 2nd and 35 cents for 3rd)
Working hours: 2nd shift 2:30 pm to 11:00 am – 3rd shift 10:30 pm to 7:00 am – 12 hours 7:00 pm to 7:00 am 2/2/3 schedule
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.