CAF MANAGER, DE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
WILMINGTON, DE 19806
Posted Date: Apr 17, 2019
- We have an opening for a Cafe Manager position.
- Location: Wilmington, DE /Note: online applications accepted only./
*This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! *If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Restaurant Associates is recognized as the nation’s premier hospitality company, operating over 170 prestigious locations. Restaurant Associates, based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia. Restaurant Associates is a subsidiary of Compass Group North America, the world’s leading foodservice organization.
At RA, food is inspiration. Our unmatched culture of hospitality excellence enables us to provide memorable experiences for premier clients. We empower many to be their best though delicious food that happens to be “better-for-you” and the planet.
- Dedication to Quality
- Spirit of Ownership
- Commitment to Talent & Diversity
- Responsible Citizenship
- Passion for Hospitality
Full time associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Café Manager, you will hold duties related to the supervision of the food service operation of a medium to large volume location. The café manage ensures the standards of excellence are met, supervises associates, and supports the Director with financial responsibilities such as ordering and inventory cost controls.
Front of house management for cafe serving 550 guests at breakfast and 830 guests at lunch.
Ensure cafe is set for service for both meal periods, front of house supervision, hospitality training and interaction with guests, participates in hosting pre-meal daily, marketing and promotion coordination, menu posting, signage, digital screens, ensuring proper sanitation and safety standards, POS coordination, placing orders/inventory for beverage, impulse items, snacks, paper supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages café operations.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and coaches associates.
- Assists with interviewing and hiring.
- Plans, markets and executes special events/promotions in the café.
- Prepares and maintains volume trend analysis reports on a daily basis.
- Ensures compliance with proper sanitation and cleaning standards.
- Operates within the budget and identifies new ways to improve the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Operational knowledge of the cash register, cash handling procedures, and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports.
- Operational knowledge of food service equipment and maintenance requirements.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 269188