Administrative Assistant II, Sociology and Criminal Justice
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 493889
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Administrative Support
Department: Sociology (02580)
PAY GRADE: 26N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the supervision of the Department Business Administrator, the Administrative Assistant II maintains well organized systems of office practices to support the operations of the Sociology/Criminal Justice Department and its administrative needs. Performs a variety of basic to complex administrative and office duties including the timely processing of correspondence, outreach communication, website updates, and event planning. Duties also include collection, compilation, and organization of information or data; and generation of reports and records. Prepares administrative forms which may contain confidential information. Ensures compliance with internal and external administrative policies and procedures, determines priorities, and resolves administrative issues. Deals independently with faculty, students, and University administrative personnel. This position is the primary contact for the Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice Office, interacting with various diverse internal and external constituencies. The principal emphasis is on performing a variety of secretarial duties for which independent judgment is required in handling confidential and non-routine matters.
• Greet external visitors and direct them to the correct location; accept and sign for deliveries, and notify the appropriate parties. Answer external phone calls and direct inquiries appropriately. Exercise a fair amount of latitude in directing requests to the appropriate individual within the University. Independently respond to non-routine inquiries.
• Prepare and compose routine and non-routine letters, email, and memoranda, including donor acknowledgement letters, updating departmental directory, committee and area lists. Process end of year mailing of concentration letters and certificates for those who have graduated from a Sociology & Criminal Justice concentration. Post faculty office hours each semester and other paperwork involving administrative, academic, financial, or other specialized terminology..
• Maintain the department website using SharePoint, updating current news and events, profiles, department program information, etc., Assist in designing and creating new webpages to enhance the department’s outreach.
• Assist and serves as a backup to the Academic Program Coordinator inputting course schedules for both Sociology and Criminal Justice classes utilizing UDSIS and COGNOS.
• Plan, manage, and organize events for departmental functions including: Welcome Reception for new graduate students, annual holiday gathering, Alpha Kappa Delta honors award banquet, and annual convocation
• Assist graduate students with conference travel, process reimbursements, and monitor graduate travel allowance advising students of remaining balance. Administrative contact for graduate professional development awards from the Graduate Office and handles reimbursements.
• Acts as department outreach and communication liaison with alumni
• Assigns undergraduate advisees to faculty each semester
• Schedule rooms for colloquiums, faculty meetings, comp exams, graduate defenses, and other department events
• Operate standard office equipment and duplication of documents, exams, class materials, and various research documents as requested by faculty and instructors.
• Responsible for timely office supply orders and maintaining supply inventory
• Utilizes such electronic systems such as UDSIS, COGNOS, PeopleSoft, Works/Concur credit card system, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Serves as textbook coordinator (places all textbook orders for all Criminal Justice and Sociology courses as well as orders desk copies when necessary).
• Assist the Business Administrator on special projects and perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree preferred, and two to three years of experience.
• Knowledge of University Policies and Procedures preferred.
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, UDSIS, COGNOS and Microsoft Office Suite (including the use of Excel Spreadsheets) preferred.
• Effective organizational skills and experience setting priorities, producing timely results, and meeting deadlines in a diverse work environment, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
To apply click here, http://www.udel.edu/005967
This search resides in our legacy system as this began prior to April 1, 2019. If you have already applied to this position, you do not need to reapply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9dfjcfp23gf3cnsf