Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 493876
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Facilities Management
PAY GRADE: 30E
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of the housing maintenance shops, Housing Carpenters, Housing Upholstery, Housing Paint, and Housing Maintenance Mechanics Shop to ensure efficient and effective service delivery. The Supervisor coordinates the work schedules of unionized mechanics and contractors; provides direction to mechanics; inspects work sites; investigates and resolves problems independently and proposes modifications and/or changes to equipment and preventive maintenance schedules. This position will also interface with the Planning & Scheduling function for coordination of shop schedules and job plan development. The Supervisor must maintain a high level of current technical knowledge of the assigned equipment and systems. The Supervisor oversees all furnishings changes associated with extended housing operations and the transfer of furnishings into and out of storage.
• Minimum of a high school or trade school diploma with five years’ experience in maintenance management of structural, mechanical systems and cosmetic improvements.
• Three years supervisory experience in a union shop.
• Individual must have a valid driver’s license and regular access to private, reliable means of transportation in order to maneuver throughout the Newark campus and other U/D locations when operationally necessary.
• This position is an essential personnel position, which often times requires the employee to report to work at varying times for UD closing events.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/74mdh3q2z375vjkk