Business Administrator II, Physical Therapy
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 493871
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Administrative Support, Financial Services and Procurement
PAY GRADE: 31E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the limited direction of the Chairperson, the Business Administrator II manages complex and diverse administrative functions, ensuring compliance with University policies and procedures. The Business Administrator II provides administrative leadership and oversight of fiscal affairs, human resources, and administrative activities of various business and operational components of the Department. The Business Administrator II participates with the Chair and internal management in strategic and operational planning and decision making. The Business Administrator II acts as liaison with other University departments on behalf of the Department and/or Chair.
Faculty and Staff Development
• Supervise Administrative Specialist and provide oversight of non-clinic administrative staff.
• Formulate policies and guidelines to carry out the department’s mission for faculty, staff and students.
• Assist the Chair in administration of approved procedures of peer review in the Department as well as policies and procedures of promotion and tenure reviews, ensuring that these policies and procedures are publicized properly within the Department and, whenever necessary, updated to conform to changes in College or University policy.
• Responsible for the implementation of human resources actions regarding hiring, terminations, salary and disciplinary actions with consultation from the chair, the Dean’s office and Human Resources.
• Assist the chair in writing letters of support for faculty and staff for multiple reasons, i.e. grant submissions, awards, fellowships, training awards.
Program Development and Departmental/Financial Planning
• Provide oversight of the Department’s fiscal affairs.
• Develop, direct and manage all special fund-raising projects, publications and events.
• Work with the Department, the Dean’s Office, and appropriate administrative offices in planning physical facilities for the Department.
• Responsible for development of appropriate partnerships as defined by the Chair to advance the unit.
Organization and Communication
• Manage preparation and coordination of regular departmental meetings and/or retreats within the organization as agreed upon by the chair and the faculty.
• Manage content and information gathering for the accreditation of the academic program (AAR and other CAPTE reporting); ensure timely submission of reports and that information on the Department’s website is compliant with CAPTE requirements.
• Manage content and information gathering for the Department’s annual report to the Dean.
• Manage and coordinate meetings associated with accreditation site visits and program reviews; assist the DPT director as needed.
• Orient new faculty members to departmental policies and procedures and develop orientation handbook/manual.
• Responsible to execute the Chair’s plans for use and assignment of allocated departmental space (excluding general classrooms), facilities, equipment, inventory and supplies.
• Contribute to the formulation and execution of College and University policies and regulations.
Administration of Student Development
• Prepare, monitor, and recommend non-DPT student aid and scholarships (e.g., summer scholars, TA assignments, departmental research scholarships); submit recommendations to the Chair for approval.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or business-related discipline and 5 years administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures; and the information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
• Knowledge and experience with human resource management, concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
• Knowledge of space allocation practices and principles.
• Demonstrated leadership ability including strategic planning, team building, and change management; ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Knowledge of accounting procedures involving procurement, travel, and/or employment; knowledge of procurement rules and regulations. Experience in a university is preferred.
• Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
• Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret financial and statistical data and generate reports, statements and/or projections based on data.
• Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
• Ability to plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and modify administrative support needs.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures; skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dqv4gs7jk8h8bcq5