Production Support Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Denton, MD 21629
UniSite Design, Inc. is a manufacturer and designer of high-quality commercial grade site furnishings. We take great pride in designing and manufacturing Victor Stanley, Inc. products which comprise one of the finest collections of site and street furnishings (litter receptacles, benches, tables & chairs, picnic tables, ash urns, planters, tree guards, seats, bike racks & bollards) in the world. Carefully integrated designs and innovative use of materials and technology embody our commitment to produce durable, strong, functional, attractive and comfortable site furniture.
The Production Support Assistant provides administrative support to the Production and Engineering Departments. They work closely with the Engineering and Manufacturing Manager to ensure production runs smoothly and in a timely manner. The Production Support Assistant must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment while multi-tasking to assist with planning and organizing of manufacturing operations. They are responsible for completing the daily shipping process, maintaining physical work orders, assisting with the creation of procedures, digitizing information for Production and Maintenance, and providing general administrative support.
• Work with Production, Order Processing, and the Freight Coordinator to complete daily shipping processes
• Print and Maintain physical work orders to ensure they are kept organized
• Print and distribute daily inventory transfer sheet, paper production decals and other materials need by
• Work with the Engineering and Manufacturing Manager to write procedures such as manufacturing setups
and standard operating procedures (SOP)
• Digitize maintenance machine set ups, procedures, logs, etc.
• Generate and verify Engineering work orders
• Research and populate maintenance asset management system with information pertaining to assets,
work orders and purchasing
• Create inventory labels for Production and ensure they are properly installed throughout factory
• Provide general administrative support functions
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
1+ year(s) experience in manufacturing operations
Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications
Prior experience providing administrative support
Please apply in person or online through our Career Center at:
1105 Park Lane
Denton, MD 21629