Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Chemours is seeking a Process Engineer to join our growing Enterprise Capital team! This position will report directly to the Enterprise Projects Director in our Wilmington, DE location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accountable for quality and completeness of Process Engineering deliverables in accordance with Business Objectives and Chemours Core Values.
- Work with business team and/or plant technical to develop early FEL project scopes and options. Create conceptual process layout, system diagram, equipment list and conceptual Scope of Work.
- Develop process model (ASPEN) and Heat, Mass & Energy Balance and/or work with an Engineering Technology Consultant.
- Review the Basic Data/Scope of Work/Engagement Package in detail for format and completeness to ensure technical, operations and maintenance input is adequate to develop required project deliverables.
- Determine equipment needs and equipment sizing. Prepare specifications for equipment or work with a consultant.
- Create FATHOM models to analyze piping systems, determine/upgrade control systems and size pumps.
- Translate System Diagrams and Scopes of Work into P&I Diagrams.
- Lead the Process Engineering for major projects. This includes directing and coordinating other engineering disciplines, writing the Lead/Process Scope of Work, creating an Equipment List, developing Process Equipment Specifications, developing P&ID’s and a PDMS model so that high quality VGA and/or CAC estimates can be made.
- Understand PSM requirements and PHA methodology and actively participate in PHA Screening and Detailed reviews.
- Know the available Engineering Technology Consultants in Chemours and when to engage them during FEL and production design.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical engineering
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in capital projects process engineering
- Minimum of 5 years working with a chemical plant environment
- Experience in PSM i.e. process hazards analysis and inherently safer processes
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead by influence
- Strong team-building skills
- Experience working with engineering/design contractors
- Smart engineering/design tools knowledge, familiarity with Aspen engineering tools
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Plant operations or maintenance experience
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019 and a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/