Direct Care Worker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
Caregiver/Direct Care Worker Job Description
The essential function of caregivers is to provide care for clients in a safe, secure professional environment which meets their needs. Caregivers help assist with the activities of daily living (such as grooming, meal preparation, etc.) as well as the overall supervision of the clients’ physical and mental well-being. Our Caregivers are the keystone of our business, providing much needed service to seniors and their families struggling to keep their independence on a daily basis. Our Caregivers should possess the virtues of compassion, care, dependability, professionalism, flexibility, problem solving, a positive attitude and love. To those we serve, our Caregivers represent who we are and what we stand for.
The offer is contingent upon you completing the Pre-employment/referral requirements:
- Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Criminal Background Check (BCC)
- Drug Test
- Delaware State Requirements that the personnel of the agency who have direct contact with the agency’s consumers have:
- Testing for tuberculosis at time of hire, and that the agency follow CDC recommendations for annual/periodic testing of its personnel who have contact with the agency’s consumers.
- All new personal, including direct care workers shall be required to have a physical examination prior to providing care:
- The physical exam must have been completed within three (3) months prior to employment/referral: and a copy of the physical examination shall be maintained in the individual’s file.
- Service Letter(s) are required for all personnel and DCW who have contact with agency’s consumers.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
Duties vary per client, and their specific needs. The following duties may be assigned in the plan of care:
- Daily routine care (feeding, grooming and bathing)
- Light shopping
- Light housekeeping
- Conversing with the client to provide assurance
- Meal preparation and clean up
- Reporting any incidents, complaints, and/or concerns to the agency immediately
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Required Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with seniors in a home setting preferred
- English proficiency and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently in the field
- Ability to work with different personality types in a professional manner
- Three references required
- Proof of clear TB/PPD test taken within the last year
- Must be able to pass a background check
CNA, HHA, and BLS/CPR certifications a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands in this position vary per client.
Physical demands may include but are not limited to:
- Transferring of client
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting more than 10lbs
Some clients will require activity that can described as medium to moderately heavy. Recurrent standing, walking, bending, lifting, and reaching could be mandatory.
Caregivers work out of the client’s home.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.