Manager Financial Operations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Manager Financial Operation is responsible for financial support and oversight of the department or departments assigned. Responsibilities include coordinating the financial planning, analysis and management reporting processes associated with operations and maintenance (O&M) and capital expenditures including year-end forecast, monthly forecast, monthly close, variance analysis, and compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports. Responsible for continuous communication and coordination with management and other Finance teams to ensure the quality of financial management and forecasting. Provides reliable, relevant and timely financial and operating performance information and analysis for management decision making and business and regulatory strategy development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (means principal, main, major or most important duties / accountabilities that the employee performs)
1 Manage and coordinate for the assigned organizations the following processes with respect to O&M and capital expenditures:
· Long range financial planning and annual budgeting
· Monthly financial forecasting and analysis, coordination with departmental management regarding forecasting
· Analyses of O&M and capital expenditure results, including monthly variance analysis of forecasted and actual results to budget, forecast and prior year results.
· Partner with VPs/Directors/Managers to provide guidance and direction related to financial matters and decision-making
. Ensure alignment between corporate financial and departmental goals.
· Provide ad-hoc support to request for business analysis, process improvement efforts, etc
2 Provides accounting services, including reviewing journal entries, maintaining and controlling physical records, and analyzing and reconciling general and subsidiary ledger accounts. Assists in technical accounting and reporting research activities.
3 Provide leadership and guidance in the proper application of accounting rules and standards within corporate support.
4 Provide supervision, coaching and professional development for staff of analysts.
5 Support maintenance of formal, standardized processes and controls for each key responsibility.
• Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business
• 8 years’ relevant experience such as strategy, business planning, budgeting, forecasting, accounting, variance analysis and business modeling experience
• Demonstrated ability to gather, organize, analyze, interpret and communicate data in an understandable and meaningful manner to help facilitate business strategy and decision making and performance improvements.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and activities while maintaining focus on major goals and objectives, and to perform in ambiguous and/or pressure situations.
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating efficient/effective information exchanges between departments and cross-functional teams.
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Good team building and staff coaching, mentoring and professional development capabilities.
• Excellent analytical and systems skills.
• MBA, CPA or other strong quantitative business graduate degree.
Job Accounting & Finance
Organization: PHI Service Company
Title: Manager Financial Operations
Other Locations: US-DE-Wilmington
Requisition ID: 218316