Wellness PRN - Part Time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Milford, DE 19963
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The PRN assesses medical needs of associates and provides first aid or referral as necessary; maintain federal, state and Company recordkeeping for OSHA and workers’ compensation; reviews medical history and completes physical assessment sheet and other required forms; assists with medical cost management; completes other tasks as needed in compliance with Company policies.
This position is part-time.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Administer nursing care for work related and non-work related injuries and illnesses following appropriate OH Nursing Guidelines, algorithms, medical directives, referring cases to physicians as needed.
2. Perform nursing assessments after reviewing medical history information with associate; complete information on post offer physical assessment forms, and other forms as appropriate, including drug testing
3. Perform nursing assessments after reviewing medical history information with associate; complete information on post offer physical assessment forms, and other forms as appropriate, including drug testing
4. Complete electronic recordkeeping for associates, document interactions and care. Data entry as appropriate.
5. Support HIP at facility with personal participation, assisting associates with enrollment, assist HIP Specialist with health coaching.
+ Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or college program
+ Current, active and unrestricted license for professional nursing in the state of practice
+ Certification in CPR
+ Good verbal and written skills
+ COHN (Certified Occupational Health Nurse)
+ COHN-S (Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist)
+ CM (Case Management)
+ Language skills inl English/Spanish/Creole
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
+ Must be able to see, touch, smell, and record findings in writing or electronically.
+ Have ability to respond as needed to medical emergencies in all areas of the complex.
+ Majority of work in office or clinic setting, as well as, inter-facility and external environmental conditions (e.g. noise levels, changes in temperature, humidity, etc.)
+ Must have ability to move throughout the processing plant and surrounding environments of the off-site facilities, such as feedmills, hatcheries, etc.
+ Must wear PPE as required.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.