CNC Machine Operator (Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Operator)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover Windows is seeking someone to work in the milling department. We offer a competitive hourly wage and full benefit package including retirement plan contribution matching and health care plan. Our company is celebrating 35 years in business and we have established a track record of quality custom manufacturing.
Job Requirements and Duties:
- Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of Homag BOF wood router.
- Operate a machine based PC control to load and run programs.
- Ability to read and interpret our shop drawings.
Good 3D visualization skills. Must be able to understand XYZ axis and coordinate system.
- Understand the sequence of operations as defined in WoodWop program.
Math skills necessary to understand programming.
- Minor editing of CNC code.
Understand toolpaths, RPM, feed direction and speed and make slight adjustments to those variables as needed.
- Load and unload stock onto the machine.
- Load, adjust, and measure tooling.
- Recognize and adjust or swap out dull tooling.
- Perform regular machine maintenance.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
Ability to work both individually and in team settings.
- Accept responsibility for actions.
- Regularly interact with rough milling staff and programmer.
Strong work ethic and motivated towards the success of the company
- A desire to learn and take instruction from supervisors.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks regularly while standing.
- Able to stand for a full workday of 8 or more hours.
- Dependable transportation.
- Ability to work 7am – 4pm M-F
- Ensure that superior quality standards are met
- Adherence to OSHA requirements.
- Must be able to use and work safely with heavy woodworking machinery such as table saw, upcut saw, jointer, planer, and moulder.
- Ability to read a tape measure in both metric and English system
- Good mechanical understanding and skills.
- Experience in architectural millwork, cabinet, window and door, or furniture industry is a plus
To see photos of our work go to www.doverwindows.com
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 302.349.5070