Tax Accounting & Compliance Fall Co-Op
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Chemours is seeking Tax Accounting & Compliance Co-Op to join our growing Tax team! This position will report directly to the US Domestic Tax Manager in our Wilmington, DE location and will work a full-time schedule of 40 per week from September-March.
Students that succeed in Chemours’ internship and co-op program are typically reconsidered for future opportunities within the company! Eager students that are looking to be a catalyst for better are encouraged to apply.
The Tax Accounting & Compliance Co-op will work closely with the domestic Tax team and will have the opportunity to be involved in many different activities within the tax function. The Tax Accounting & Compliance Co-Op will be mainly focused on supporting the tax compliance process with data gathering and analysis for tax return preparation, but will also assist in quarterly SEC filings, tax research, and other activities as needed.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting research regarding domestic/international tax planning issues
- Collecting and analyzing data associated with preparation of the federal/state/local tax return compliance
- Building data analytics related to US and total company ETR and cash taxes
- Calculating components of the quarterly income tax calculations for inclusion in SEC filings
- Ad-hoc projects may include assisting with organizing data related to transfer pricing documentation, managing US federal, state, local notice tracker, assisting with SOX documentation, and preparing calculations to support tax forecasts for both the ETR and cash taxes
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university as a sophomore or above
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- 3.2 GPA or above
- Previous internship or co-op experience in tax and/or accounting
- Experience with OneSource tax software and/or SAP
- Familiarity with data analytics software (Power BI, etc.)
- Competitive Compensation
- Affordable Housing Assistance (for specific roles)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal and a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/