Technical Service Engineer - Krytox Lubricants Business - De
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Technical Service Consultant
Chemours is seeking a Technical Service Consultant to join our growing Technology team! This position will report directly to the Technical Manager in our Wilmington, DE location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Engage Automotive value chain partners to develop innovative lubrication solutions leading to growth of Krytox™ lubricants business; this includes understanding unmet needs and translating into solutions that can be tested through standard and industry testing protocols
- Work closely with technical influencers along the automotive value chain to drive specification of Krytox™ lubricants
- Work with automotive value chain partners to monitor product use and gather performance data; resolve product performance and application problems; provide training on use of products in customer specific processes
- Develop understanding of technical trends, competitive landscape, and impact of these on changing customer needs.
- Inform the development of novel application-specific test methods
- Support OEM production facilities in the use of lubricants
- Represent Krytox™ Performance Lubricants in Automotive meetings by attendance and/or development and delivery of presentations
- Coordinate resolution of any customer concerns and/or complaints
- Review and update technical literature
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- BS degree or greater in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least three years industrial experience in automotive-related manufacturing or product design.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, team building and achieving results through influence and negotiation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must work well in both self-managed and team environments
- Ability to travel up to 25% to 40% of the time
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- 5+ years of technical understanding of friction, wear and the function of lubricants in field use or hands on maintenance
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019 and a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/