Mechanical Engineer - Fixed Equipment
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Mechanical Engineer – Pressure Vessel / Stationary Equipment
Chemours is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Engineering Technology team! This position will report directly to the Engineering Technology Manager in our Wilmington, DE location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide consulting services to Chemours global chemical businesses in mechanical engineering with a pressure vessel / stationary equipment focus, including technical support to plant operations and capital projects.
- Scope of role includes, equipment design, project support, fabrication and repair assistance, and technical training programs.
- Network with company resources and cross-functional teams to achieve timely solutions to business problems.
- Required travel: Approx. 25%
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 – 20 years of experience in the Chemical Process or related Industries.
- Knowledge of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, ASME Piping Codes, API Codes and Standards, and NBIC.
- Specification, design and application of mechanical components across a wide variety of chemical processes.
- Providing operating and maintaining support including checkout and commissioning of new stationary process equipment.
- Assisting plant personnel in developing / reviewing basic data and specifications for business critical stationary process equipment.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills necessary to sell integrated engineering solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and able to function independent of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and teamwork skills for building consensus in teams for problem solving, developing a client base and working well with people in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team environment at all levels of the Company.
- Representing company interests during equipment overhaul, repair and re-commissioning.
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- Knowledge of related plant operational practices such as Process Safety Management, mechanical integrity, and reliability engineering.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to manage a substantial workload, handle all levels of problems in a timely manner and complete strategic and tactical assignments within schedule.
- The ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent projects or activities.
- Involvement in technical societies would be beneficial.
- Computer and PC Literate-Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other Engineering software (Compress, PVElite).
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019 and a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/