Organizational Learning Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
AAA is hiring an **_**Organizational Learning Specialist**_** to join our team! This position is responsible for providing organizational learning/team development, consulting, and education support to assigned groups. The Specialist will develop and deliver a variety of management development and soft skills training program using a variety of traditional and digital methods including classroom, virtual classroom, and social media technologies in individual, small, and large group settings. This incumbent will participate on project teams to ensure learning initiatives align with organizational goals. The Learning Specialist will lead efforts to revalidate and peer-review new and existing learning programs to meet Learning & Development style and quality guidelines. This role will also demonstrate assertive ownership over work assignments by tracking projects and providing updates and recommendations to ACA Leadership. Serves as a resource to support organizational development initiatives to include meeting facilitation, project support, and conducting team building activities.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with training adults in a corporate setting, with a focus on delivering leadership development programs.*
The primary duties of the** Organizational Learning Specialistare:**
- Understands and applies Gagnes Nine Events of Instruction to independently facilitate instructor-led training for Associates via physical classroom and/or virtual instructor-led formats.
- Utilizes independent thought and judgment in course delivery and adaptation, identifying and meeting learner gaps as identified through assessment, evaluation, and monitoring.
- Evaluates, documents, and monitors Associate performance during learning and/or support initiatives, identifies areas of opportunity, provides reports/updates to appropriate management, and if necessary, recommends appropriate action that may include coaching skill development. Incorporates internal and external monitoring processes when available and provides feedback to Associate’s supervisor/manager.
- Responsible for utilizing the Learning Management System (AAAU) for all course management and administration.
- Utilizes Level 1 course evaluations to assess direct Associate feedback to improve personal facilitation skills and makes recommendations to Management for course enhancements.
- Utilizes design documents, storyboards, and implement best practices in adult learning theory. Leverage innovative learning methodology and technology to engage participants, deliver content and increase overall effectiveness of learning. Complete pilot testing and calibrate to achieve program objectives.
- Provides post-class performance management, in office, on the phone, or virtually, to support learners to achieve performance results as it aligns with learning programs.
- Actively participates in professional learning organizations and external committees to stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices to recommend changes to current L&D practices and processes.
- Applies a learning design methodology, such as the ADDIE model, to support the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of instructor-led and e/blended-learning curricula, to include activity matrix, participant guides, leader guides, job aides, and learning objectives, for a mix of delivery modalities.
- Monitors and maintains learning program content and affiliated materials such as job aides, leader guides, and participant guides, coordinating and completing updates, revisions, and correcting errors.
- Conducts needs assessments for departments, identifying specific behaviors, and processes/systems, and makes recommendations to management based on the data received.
- Interacts with Associates throughout ACA on specific organization defined processes and techniques to develop and implement learning initiatives and programs.
- Utilizes industry accepted practices, such as Kirkpatrick’s theory of evaluation, for the purpose of evaluating training programs in an effort to determine the impact of training on departmental results.
- Benchmarks education programs against Company standards, participating with L&D on external benchmarking opportunities.
- Coaches and mentors L&D Learning Specialists, and/or Associates outside of L&D, to hone their facilitation skills and behaviors.
- Facilitates personal/professional development sessions such as MBTI, DiSC, Social Styles.
- Supports meeting facilitation needs for external business partners (i.e., United Way; Innovative Schools, Ronald McDonald House, etc.)
- Reports back data/findings and progress to the client to ensure learning interventions continue to support and positively drive towards desired outcomes.
- Supports diversity and inclusion efforts, mentoring and coaching, and initiatives that foster integration of our shared values into management practices and behaviors across the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, organizational development, learning and development, instructional design, educational technology or similar degree.
- 3 – 5+ years of professional experience in a learning and development role and experience in design, developing, and implementing instructional design solutions. Classroom training experience required.
- Certification from talent and training associations, preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with virtual training a plus
To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to, 3+ weeks of Paid Time Off during the first year, 401(k) plan with up to a 7% employer match, Health & Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and a complimentary AAA Premier Membership.
- Eligibility for Annual Bonus Plan
Corporate Training; Trainer; Leadership Training; Learning and Development; Organizational Learning; Instructor;
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visitOur Company Website, AAAClubAlliance.jobs.
To see what it is like to work at AAA Club Alliance, check out ourDay In The Life Videos on the Company Website**.**
At AAA Club Alliance, we’ve been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it’s the company’s positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Club Alliance Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V
This Organization participates in E-Verify.
Right to Work
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Applicants have rights under State and Local Employment Laws:
Arizona Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
Discrimination and Harassment in Employment are prohibited by Law
Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
Discrimination in Employment is Prohibited
New Jersey Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
Employment Provisions of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act
Philadelphia Employment Discrimination
Philadelphia Ban the Box
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
Job Category: Training