Sr Analyst IT - Application Integration Design/Support
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primary role is to perform activities relating to designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application integrations for a distributed work and asset management platform. This role works directly with IT teams and the support service provider as a technical analyst/designer for the integrations between the utility work and asset management platform and other business systems. Engages in all phases of the software development lifecycle with technical expertise to produce and deliver application integration updates/changes or new functionality to meet utility business client requirements. Utilizes appropriate tools, practices and processes to ensure solutions meet technical standards and align with the application architecture and data models.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform, document and assist in planning work activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or operations/maintenance processes.
For Projects: analyze requirements, design, build, and test IT software solutions in accordance with technical and functional requirements to meet project deliverables.
For operations/application maintenance: enhance, maintain or support new or existing application integrations in accordance with technical requirements and service level agreements. Provide technical guidance and assistance, as needed, to the support service providers.
- Maintain engagement with business clients, IT teams, and support service providers.
- Proactively build and maintain business and IT knowledge to provide innovative solutions.
- Utilize best practices to improve products and deliver IT services to utility business clients.
- Work with utility business clients to understand client needs and determine technical and functional requirements for application integrations.
- Serves as SME and applies technical expertise to plan, design, build, test, and support work and asset management integrations to utility business systems and applications (e.g., Customer Billing, Primavera).
- Analyzes business client processes to recommend new application or integration functionality and/or innovative solutions that leverage technology
- Demonstrates ability to meet project objectives, priorities, and problem solve in aggressive timeframes.
- Effectively interacts and communicates with vendors, business partners, and/or cross functional teams to lead, collaborate, and coordinate on technical activities as required
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree and typically 3 to 5 years related experience in support and development for work and asset management applications utilizing TIBCO, Fusion, Java and related technologies.
- Significant technical skills working with Middleware and ETL technologies such as Oracle Fusion, MFT, ODI and TIBCO.
- Knowledge of business practices and processes in Electric and Gas Utility operations strongly preferred, specifically experience with the Asset Suite 8 (AS8) application.
- Knowledge of business practices and processes utilizing Primavera for work scheduling in an integrated environment with work and asset management applications.
- Strong problem solving and critical analysis skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience with development in programming technologies such as C#, C , VB.Net, and ASP
- Experience with designing, developing, testing and supporting application integrations in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to include SOAP, REST, and JMS
- Knowledge and experience utilizing TIBCO Business Works, Oracle Fusion, and SQL
- Technical expertise with Unix (Solaris) and Oracle databases.
- Familiar with Primavera architecture and functions as an integrated work management tool.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methods and tools.
- Familiar with IT project management practices and tools
Job Information Technology – Staff
Organization: BSC Information Technology
Title: Sr Analyst IT – Application Integration Design/Support
Other Locations: US-DE-Newark, US-IL-OAKBROOK TERRACE, US-IL-CHICAGO, US-PA-PHILADELPHIA, US-DC-WASHINGTON
Requisition ID: 217300