Client Service Leader - Department of Defense
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Middletown, DE 19709
CDM Smith has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Service Leader to lead client engagement and business development for environmental remediation and compliance services for Department of Defense clients including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) across the United States. CDM Smith has been providing services to the Department of Defense around the world for over 30 years. In this position, you will pursue and win new business development opportunities, conduct strategic business planning activities, and lead proposal development activities.
We are open to filling this position in any of our offices in the United States. Travel will be required.
• Meeting annual sales goals from both existing and new clients
Developing new environmental business nationally with DoD including USACE
• Proactively assuming responsibility for new business development activities
• Having an established business network – potential clients and teaming partners and developing new client contacts
• Conducting Strategic New Business Planning (Annual Sales Plan, Capture Plans, Client Account Plans)
• Contributing to firm’s stature by actively participating in leadership roles in professional societies
• Assembling and leading client and project teams to meet client needs and project requirements
• Developing and managing proposal efforts and presentations
• Securing strategic teaming/joint venture arrangements
• Implementing CDM Smith’s Sales Process and proactive use of CDM Smith’s sales tools
• Negotiating critical issues with clients and potential teaming partners and subconsultants
• Developing technical approaches and strategies in collaboration with subject matter experts
• Assisting on individual projects and meeting billable hour targets
• Managing business development budgets and costs
• Managing and communicating potential sales risk (including communication with risk management committee)
• Engaging in routine coordination with other area client service leaders and internal business units to meet business objectives
• Following and implementing CDM Smith’s standard business practices
• Participating in CDM Smith’s training program to reinforce core competencies of the client service leader position and obtain requisite certifications within 6-months of onboarding
• Adhering to CDM Smith’s Core Values
Client Service Leader – Department of Defense
ENT Sales – Military, Transp & Energy
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, or mechanical engineering
• Professional engineering (PE) license
• 15 years of related experience
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands
• Previous experience winning environmental remediation and compliance contracts for the Department of Defense including USACE, strongly preferred
• Strong client relationships with Department of Defense clients
• Strong interpersonal, time management, organization, business acumen and listening skills
• Experience in Business Development for DoD projects including proposal development
• Ability to work within a large organization to leverage firm’s qualifications for Federal clients
• Master’s degree
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate-as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position