Automation Engineer 5
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
We are looking for someone to join our Automation Enablement Center which is responsible for assisting the enterprise in realize the benefits of process automation. This role would help lead our efforts in this area specifically focused on finding, qualifying and defining the automation approach. They would also get involved in defining the proper automation design and guiding the development efforts through the agile team.
More specifically, this role would be engaged in the following responsibilities:
Analyzes, defines, and documents the designs for applications and enhancements. Leads definition of time tables and project tasks; analyzes and estimates cost and time. Leads work on feasibility of automations including working with business lines and systems owners to determine best approach and impact of automation.
Creates, reviews, and may coordinate execution of unit test plans for multiple projects. Establishes standard testing methodology, best practices and templates to improve the testing process.
Leads design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of automation solutions. Develops high level detailed as-is and to-be process flows. Documents advanced automation architecture and interfaces. Ensures that expected automation performance levels are achieved.
Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and modifies automations of high complexity, significance, and risk. Documents best practices for coding and participates in code review for other groups automations.
Leads technical staff and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve highly complex technical problems. Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations.
Analyzes, defines, and documents design for data, workflow, logical processes, and operating system environment; interfaces with other systems, internal and external. Identifies opportunities for process and automation improvements over existing manual processes and works with stakeholders to determine feasibility of these alternate solutions.
Supervises monitoring of existing application systems’ operating efficiency. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions.
Demonstrates deep understanding of the business needs and processes driving projects. May be key point of contact for business line.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of relevant work experience with programming concepts, development logic or automating highly complex processes
- Thorough knowledge of data and process modeling, system and application testing, software development life cycle, application design and architecture, programming, implementation, change controls, and robotics suites
- Thorough understanding of information and release management, and product and vendor evaluation
- Thorough knowledge of Java VBA languages, or other configuration/scripting type technology
- Demonstrated problem-solving, project management, and teamwork/collaboration skills
- Comprehensive analytical, technical and application development/programming skills
- Adept at forging relationships, influencing others, overcoming resistance, and producing results
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation Tools or related experience in writing automation scripts
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190005411
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.