Risk Analysis Sr Manager - Account Strategies
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Responsible for evaluation of account management strategies and programs for Consumer & Small Business that maximizes profits and minimizes credit losses and other risk exposures. Provides and directs complex analysis on product strategies to establish risk threshold and ensure company goals are met. Analyzes performance trends to identify issues, opportunities and recommend credit actions. Provides governance and control for existing and new risk strategies. Communicates with, influences, and presents to peers and senior management the FLU, Internal Audit, external Regulators, and Enterprise Risk partners. Industry risk management and strong SAS or SQL skill set required.
• BS/BA (business / economics / finance / quantitative
• Must have demonstrated programming acumen and experience using SAS / SQL; basic Data Science
• Solid understanding of credit strategy decision engines and strategy development; ability to leverage analytical techniques to identify potential improvements in our strategies
• Financial Services / Banking experience
•10+ years supporting Consumer and/or Small Business Products with a significant level of experience in unsecured lending or comparable experience in Risk, Compliance, Audit, or similar Risk function
• 5 years of experience in strategy development
• Strong understanding of economics, credit, and financials with the ability to apply those concepts to data analysis
• Ability to combine business acumen with analytical skills, interpret large amounts of data, synthesize multiple analysis into a coherent message, and translate into actionable insights
• Excellent quantitative/analytic skills and ability to influence strategic direction, as well as develop tactical plans
• Proven experience in partnering, influencing and persuading to achieve desired results
• Demonstrated conviction and decision orientation
• Ability to escalate identified issues to management with the proper assessment, root cause analysis, impact, and next steps
• Experience in developing presentations and delivering to senior level executives• Excellent oral, written, influencing and interpersonal communication skills• Proficiency in using MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and manage conflict constructively
• Knowledge of Credit Risk Management Processes, Risk Appetite Setting, Strategy Change review and approval, Loss Forecasting
• Tableau / R / Python knowledge
• Advanced Data Science
• Advanced degree in business, economics, finance, quantitative, and/or professional certifications
• Experience with model development, validation or use
*This is an individual contributor position but will mentor more junior staff
Enterprise Role Overview
Manages a group of analysts that are responsible for supporting data bases or performing complex analysis and modeling that maximizes profits and asset growth and minimizes credit and operating losses and other risk exposures. Their team would provide data or analytical support on various product strategies to ensure company goals are met. Coordinates the production of data for regulatory needs or performance reports for Senior mgt. Manages the review and regulatory submission requirements or analysis of trends in current population distributions and recommends strategies. Directs the development of more complex databases or program models to extract data and use databases to provide statistical and financial modeling. Oversees the analysis of data delivery, portfolio trends, concerning credit score cutoffs, loss trends, portfolio dynamics, and bureau scoring criteria. Integrates the analysis team with other corporate units to insure alignment of analysis with business data, strategies and objectives. Responsible for hiring and training Risk Analysis Senior Specialist. Master’s degree or large data experience preferred; Programming experience like SQL, SAS preferred; 7+ years experience.
Posting Date : 03/15/2019
Newark, DE, Deerfield III, 655 Paper Mill Rd,
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.