Project Cost Analyst (DE)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Christiana, DE 19702
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide project controls cost engineering support to Directors, Manager of Projects, Project Managers, Sr. Project Cost Analysts, contractors and other key team members. Assist in the development and monitoring of annual budgets, actual and forecasted costs, and Long Range Plans for transmission, substation, distribution, and gas projects and programs. Utilize multiple existing Exelon systems to support current and future work with respect to budgeting, financial forecasting, actual cost tracking, project authorization, work management, contracts, and material tracking. Provide broad analytical and operational support to the business unit. Support the preparation of comprehensive reports to support business operations including reauthorization risk, forecast accuracy by Sr. Project Cost Analysts and Project Managers, program and department, CIAC forecast and analysis, contingency released and remaining, and others as requested.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 × 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Attend required meetings and reach out to project stakeholders for detailed project information. Identify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization issues early and assist in developing resolutions to meet project metrics.
- Assist in the development and continued monitoring of the budgets and LRPs for transmission, sub-station, distribution, and gas projects and programs. Monitor, track, and report project budgets, forecasts, accruals, and actuals
- Track project and program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances to budget, quarterly plan, and month over month variance analysis. Support project management at resulting financial challenge meetings.
- Develop, organize, and present project and program performance reports for both internal and external use. Participate in monthly forecasting and accrual meetings with Sr Project Cost Analysts and Project Managers.
- Participate in monthly forecasting and accrual meetings with Sr. Project Cost Analysts and prepare monthly project accruals and journal entries for project manager review and submittal to Finance department before submittal to Finance group, reporting variances and issues to both the project management and project controls leadership.
- Analyze project actual and forecast data accuracy to ensure compliance with annual internal and external Sarbanes Oxley Audits.
- Support the management of the vendor forecasting process which is used as a source of input for both forecasting and accruals by Project Controls.
- Provide support to Sr. Project Cost Analysts and Project Managers for presentations and forms required for project authorization.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical Field.
2 – 5 years related experience, or in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 6 – 9 years business experience is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position (e.g., asset management, electric or gas operations, customer
- service, transmission and substation, distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs, transmission operations and planning).
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis and apply forecasting, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, and budget analysis.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills for project financial evaluation and risk identification and mitigation.
- Customer driven with strong oral and written communications skills and strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial / cost analyst practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance.
- Ability to analyze organizational data and complex problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of complex projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis.
- Financial advanced degree.
- 2-5 years project cost tracking experience in electric / gas transmission, distribution, and substation industry
- Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., , project management, WPT, Asset Suite 8, , CIS, EPS, , forecasting, ) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs
- Proficient in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Job Project Management
Organization: Delmarva Power & Light Co
Title: Project Cost Analyst (DE)
Requisition ID: 217352