Project Controls Scheduler (DE)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Christiana, DE 19702
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage transmission, substation, and distribution projects consisting of cross-functional teams involving multiple engineering disciplines and multiple construction areas including contract resources. Responsible for managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance of multiple construction projects and programs. Leads project teams through business case / capital approval process, development and execution of project plans and project closeout. These projects have budgets that will typically range from $250k to $10 million. Also, may manage non-construction projects with direct accountability to project execution while leading a team to accomplishing objections within a given time frame and with limited resources.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 × 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Responsible and accountable for overall project performance for projects including major substation, transmission, and distribution construction, new technology programs, information technology and organizational initiatives.
2. Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits.
3. Interface with external and internal stakeholders to coordinate project requirements.
4. Primary communicator with the sponsor and key stakeholders on project issues, including executive level and interdepartmental presentations.
5. Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, line managers, and interfacing organizations.
6. Coaches and leads team members to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
7. Identify and obtain project team resources.
8. Ensures project team members understand their respective responsibilities.
The Project Manager is an individual contributor accountable for project budgets, team performance and developing strategic plans to implement projects for various organizations. ; Responsibilities also include managing scope, budget and schedule within approved parameters and providing structured and detailed reports to the appropriate Management team. ; Tasks include but are not limited to, ensuring the completion of business cases, budgetary approvals, project scheduling, design and engineering tasks, vegetation management reviews, project reporting, project financial analysis, major equipment procurement, environmental analysis, obtaining real estate and relationship management with external customers, vendors, townships and regulatory agencies. Interacts routinely with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, the Utilitys largest customers, and governmental and regulatory officials. In addition to managing construction projects ranging from $250 K to $10 million each with annual expenditures up to $30 million for all projects managed.
Bachelors degree in Business or Technical Field
2 – 5 years related experience, or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 6- 9 years relevant experience is required.
•Ability to build a schedule from an estimate, Project Diagram or verbal Scope of Work.
• Strong analytical skills and evaluation techniques
• Experience and proficiency in using PC software and mainframe computer applications such as Excel, Access, Power Point, MS Project, Asset suite 8, Primavera P6
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize a variety of independent assignments and meet deadlines
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management.
• Ability to schedule and facilitate project meetings with all stakeholders in office or field environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours and in field construction sites.
• Ability to handle conflict
2-5 years scheduling experience in electric / gas transmission, distribution, and substation industry
Scheduler Certification (PMI – SP, AACEI)
Project View (PV) experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Job Project Management
Organization: Delmarva Power & Light Co
Title: Project Controls Scheduler (DE)
Requisition ID: 217385