Digital Communications Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Job Title Digital Communications Specialist
Job ID 106346
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 30E
DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Office of Communications & Marketing (OCM) has a University-wide responsibility for communications with faculty, staff and students, for providing media relations expertise to all segments of the campus and for delivering the University’s message to the general public, alumni and other special constituent groups beyond the campus, including print, broadcast, social and digital media. OCM serves as the major dissemination point for information about the University.
Under general direction of the Digital Marketing Manager, the Digital Communications Specialist leads in developing best practices and advising on strategies for maximizing and integrating content delivery across an array of digital distribution platforms, including but not limited to websites, social media, e-mail newsletters, mobile apps and blogs. In coordination with the Sr. Marketing Director, Sr. Editorial Director, platform managers in OCM and across the University, the Digital Communications Specialist collaborates for execution of content distribution for various channels. This role involves extensive coordination with content creators within and outside of OCM, including by not limited to: UDaily, UD Magazine, Research staff as well as communications professionals at the college and unit level. The Digital Communications Specialist liaises with units and colleges across campus to advise and ensure that messages targeted to key University audiences are strategically distributed on the optimal platform that aligns with audience and goals in order to best position University messaging.
The position is also responsible for management of the UD homepage, which includes collaborating with the Digital Marketing Manager for content planning, creating and re-packaging content from various editorial managers, content specialist and marketing managers to optimize the distribution. The Digital Communications Specialist is also responsible for amplification across brand channels – providing direction for amplifying content, re-purposing across platforms and collaborating with distribution planning to ensure integration throughout all owned brand channels.
The Digital Communications Specialist helps identify content that rises to the homepage and brand channel level and works with partners to on methods and strategies to best package and distribute across appropriate channels. The Digital Communications Specialist works to align content delivery and platform across the organization to maximize reach and conversions.
- Execute homepage (udel.edu) strategy and maintain calendar for content distribution developing short- and long-term optimization recommendations, pushing toward continuous content improvement through the use of a data-driven strategy.
- Execute the distribution of content on various channels – including creating new content and repurposing already existing content while maintaining brand and style standards.
- Regularly track users’ experiences and journeys, measuring and analyzing effectiveness of content and making appropriate recommendations and creating reports for various stakeholders on performance of content.
- Drive optimized page elements across properties (e.g. page title, meta description, headers, etc.) to engage consumers and optimize for search engines. Define, document and maintain best practices.
- Onboard and recruit units into Adobe Experience Manager, helping guide teams through content mapping, creation and distribution. Create training materials and workshops.
- Provide the optimal user experience to target markets on UD’s website and social media channels working in both the University’s content management system (Adobe Experience Manager) and social media management system (Hootsuite).
- Execute emergency and news alerts and communications through website and other channels while working with other identified crisis management team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field with four years of digital marketing related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Writing and editing experience as well as effective web authoring skills and familiarity with a wide range of web applications.
- Well-versed in utilizing content management systems (preferably Adobe Experience Manager and WordPress) and social media management tools (preferably Hootsuite Enterprise).
- Google Analytics knowledge and a background in creating reports showing web analytics and site evaluations.
- Familiarity working with a variety of digital marketing and communications vehicles, including mobile, e-mail, web communications , social media, etc.
- Experience developing and executing digital content and marketing strategies to align with audience behaviors, goals and key messages to drive engagement.
- SEO knowledge and optimization.
- Familiar with video production and editing in iMovie as well as photography and digital photo editing experience desired.
- Experience with analyzing content data, personal information, and content journey maps to determine what content to create or update, and recommend strategies to make content more effective.
- Ability to evaluate and edit the content, structure and format of a range of written and visual materials.
- Experience managing, coordinating and motivating interns, volunteers and/or students.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and ability to work well under tight deadlines and as a member of a crisis response team.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures and faculty resources preferred.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications (Word, Excel, Access).
- Ability to work effectively, manage client expectations and interact with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zqf5r6yysyxqzvxp