Instructional Specialist, Mathematics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Job Title Instructional Specialist, Mathematics
Job ID 106342
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 31E
DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the limited direction of a Senior Associate Director in the Professional Development Center for Educators, the Instructional Specialist will work with schools to provide quality professional development for teachers and administrators in the area of mathematics. Support the use of high-quality instructional materials in classroom instruction. Through the offering of workshops, demonstration lessons, coaching and mentorship, the Instructional Specialist will work to enhance PK-12 teachers’ instructional knowledge and pedagogy and student outcomes in partnership schools. The Instructional Specialist will support grant-funded initiatives and research projects in CEHD that are aimed at improving PK-12 education.
- Develop curriculum-specific professional development programs aimed at enhancing the teachers’ and administrators’ knowledge and pedagogy for content-area teaching.
- Work with PDCE’s Director and Senior Associate Director to secure external funding to improve teaching and learning in PK-12 schools.
- Participate in development, implementation and maintenance of PDCE policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Coach/mentor PK-12 teachers in activities that enhance students’ knowledge and skills linked to state-adopted educational standards; work directly with teachers in developing appropriate lesson plans.
- Observe teachers in classroom to assess relevant skills, and recommend methods and strategies appropriate with the use of the Assess-Plan-Teach model.
- Assure fidelity of activities to evolving national and state initiatives.
- Serve on state committees and initiatives.
- Support teachers, curriculum specialists, and curriculum directors in curriculum revision linked to state-adopted standards, curricula, and assessments.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in education, or other related field, and four years’ K-12 classroom teaching experience in the area of mathematics.
- Experience teaching using High Quality Instructional Materials (Illustrative Mathematics, Eureka Mathematics, Cognitively Guided Instruction, etc.) preferred.
- Competency in current research-based instructional strategies.
- Effective organization and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Credibility with teachers, school/district staff administration, and DOE personnel.
- Experience providing professional development and technical guidance in integrating new strategies and techniques into classroom instruction.
- Ability to problem solve, implement, and evaluate solutions.
- Program planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of educational stakeholders internal and external to the University.
- Supervisory/leadership experience in curriculum development and assessment design.
Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel in-state and out-of-state with short notice, sometimes for a week.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/yc6q3c6zscbkm4xj