Assistant Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Job Title Assistant Project Manager
Job ID 106332
Location Newark, DE
Pay Grade: 29E
Deadline: March 24, 2019
Context of the Job:
Project Planning & Delivery (PPD) is responsible for all planning, architectural and engineering design and construction of major and minor renovations and capital projects. In pursuit of these activities, the Department interfaces with the University community, outside contractors, and regulatory agencies. The department maintains the University’s Facilities Database, develops the University’s Design and Construction Specification Standards, and maintains the library of university building plans.
Under the general direction of a Senior Project Manager (SPM), the Assistant Project Manager (APM) supports the SPM in the management of multiple complex, major and minor design and construction projects, some of which may be high-value capital projects. The APM may also be responsible for the management of small, less complex renovation projects with the limited oversight of the SPM.
- Coordinate projects from pre-design, through design, bid, construction and post construction phases to meet objective of scope, schedule and cost.
- Act as the single project liaison and University representative among both internal and external entities, such as the intended user, University departments, University administration, consultants, contractors and regulatory agencies.
- Support the effort of planning, designing and procurement of projects lead by Project Managers and Senior Project Managers.
- Facilitate the survey and exploratory activities related to preconstruction activities.
- Inspect the work in-progress to assure compliance with contract documents.
- Support the turnover of buildings and renovations to Maintenance and Operations and other University units.
- Coordinate design and installation of furniture and signage.
- Plan or oversee the planning and coordination of occupancy issues, such as moving logistics, signage, telephones, and/or other related matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering and one year of experience in architecture/engineering, construction and contract budget preparation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Desire to achieve one of the following certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP), Professional Engineer license, or Professional Architectural license.
- Familiarity with constructions and contract documents, cost estimates, schedule and building code interpretation are desirable.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of competence in verbal communication and integrating skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), and AutoCAD is preferred.
Must have a valid driver’s license and regular access to private, reliable means of transportation in order to maneuver throughout the Newark campus and other University locations when operationally necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/mg44pvn4n5fdjbmp