Assistant Director, Employer Relations for Athletics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Job Title Assistant Director, Employer Relations for Athletics
Job ID 106328
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 29E
DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The Assistant Director of Employer Relations for Athletics at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of “Inspiring Greatness Together.”
Under the general direction of the Senior Associate AD, Student Services and Leadership Development, the incumbent will be a member of the Athletics’ Academics, Career, and Leadership Development team which collaborates on an integrated and coordinated approach to student-athlete development and preparedness for Delaware student-athletes. Working closely with the UD Career Center, the Assistant Director of Employer Relations for Athletics will create, build, and lead programs and services designed for student-athlete career readiness. The incumbent will be responsible for sustaining existing relationships and cultivating new relationships with employers, alumni, donors, and corporate partners in order to secure opportunities for internships, part-time, and full-time employment for student-athletes. This position will identify the needs of prospective employers, research and stay updated on new potential employers/contacts, conduct regular site visits, cold calls/emails, attend employer events, and collect data on key employment metrics for Athletics.
As a member of the DIARS Student Services & Leadership team, the position will also support programming and initiatives within the Athletics Department’s BLUE curriculum, which includes Career Preparation. The incumbent will collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders for educational programming and engagement purposes, including shadow experiences, career nights, panels, and other potential career programs that align with BLUE learning outcomes. The incumbent will engage regularly with UD alumni, donors, corporate partners, and will communicate and collaborate regularly with Athletics, Academics, Career, Leadership, and Development & Alumni Relations teams to match student-athletes with meaningful career opportunities.
The incumbent is responsible for fostering a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness throughout all levels of the organization, including but not limited to, staffing and programming. The incumbent will support the department core values, and departmental commitment to collaboration, innovation, critical thinking and assessment. The incumbent is responsible for compliance with all departmental, university, CAA, and NCAA rules, values, and governance.
- Employer Relations / Alumni & Donor Engagement (60%):
- Collaborate with Athletics Development staff and Career Services Center staff to cultivate and manage relationships with alumni, parents, donors and employers seeking to recruit student athletes for internships and jobs.
- Create, build, and direct the process and ongoing development of the Athlete Internship Program.
- Create, build, and direct a robust career mentorship and job shadowing program.
- Help to develop and manage team-based alumni-student career communities through UD CAN (UD Career Acceleration Network) using People Grove and other platforms.
- Create and manage sport-specific, industry-specific, and regionally targeted efforts for employer relations and career connections.
- Manage and participate in campus-based, local, regional and national employer and alumni career engagement events such as networking receptions, recruiting events, career fairs, etc.
- Stay informed and participate in appropriate career and employer development programs coordinated by the Career Services Center.
- Serve as an active member of the Employer and Alumni Engagement Team (EAET) in the Career Services Center, as well as participate on other career teams within the University of Delaware’s seven Colleges.
Data, Reporting and Marketing (20%):
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) for employer engagement, as well as career services for athletes, in partnership with Career Services Center team.
- Develop the metrics of success for KPIs.
- Collect, organize and track detailed employment and graduate school data on student-athletes and athlete alumni.
- Compile and report data on alumni and employer relations activities, assess employer relations efforts, and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such efforts.
- Develop ongoing marketing strategies and materials which includes composing content and coordinating timing of communications to alumni, employers, as well as coaches and student-athletes.
- Profile student-athletes, through multimedia, digital, in person, and written testimonials, who have participated in career related initiatives, networked with alumni and employers, and secured internships and entrance into employment and graduate school.
- Support a coordinated effort of marketing and promotion of student-athlete career success through social media, UDaily and Athletics marketing and promotion channels to raise the profile and celebrate student-athlete successes and accomplishments.
- Contribute to annual Family Newsletters and regular SAAC Newsletters with career statistics, resources, and announcements.
Department of Athletics Collaboration (20%)
- Member of Student Services & Leadership team within Athletics, as well as Athletics Academics-Career-Leadership integration team.
- Member of BLUE planning group.
- Manage budget for career activities and initiatives and help to identify creative partnerships and funding strategies for new opportunities.
- Participate in professional associations and engage in professional development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years related experience in employer relations, career development, athletics, alumni relations, development, recruiting, business development, marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with talent acquisition and/or recruiting, former collegiate student-athlete and/or experience working in intercollegiate athletics, and evaluation and data analysis preferred.
- Possess a professional demeanor with exceptional organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Flexible, adaptable, highly motivated, and eager to learn.
- Familiarity with rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics (NCAA & CAA) as well as familiarity of overall student-athlete experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Handshake, NACElink/Simplicity, Salesforce or other customer relationship management system.
- Proven experience with managing and tracking data, utilization of LinkedIn, and other social media tools.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, performance driven environment.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including frequent evenings and occasional weekends.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5rrjptpbc62fwvd9