Team Operations Manager, Athletics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Job Title Team Operations Manager, Athletics
Job ID 106339
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 29E
DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Manager of Team Operations at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of “Inspiring Greatness Together.”
Under general direction of the Associate AD, Sport Administration, the Manager of Team Operations serves as an important representative of the DIARS team and is primarily responsible for supporting the operations of the Olympic sports, Cheer and Spirit Teams. The incumbent will work with a team member on overall operations support for Olympic sports teams. The incumbent is also responsible for the effective time management and calendar support for the assigned Leadership member. Additionally, the Manager of Team Operations collaborates on team-wide initiatives including team meeting planning, project management and office administration.
This incumbent will serve as an integral athletic administrator, a partner to the Manager of Team Operations and the Sport Administrators, and member of the DIARS GLUE Team, which prioritizes collaboration and communication in order to achieve the highest levels of both efficiency and effectiveness
Team Travel (50%)
- Work with coaches to help with logistics for team travel to and from facilities and while on site.
- Serve as point of contact between travel agency and/or vendors and teams.
- Manage team travel including air, ground transportation and hotel stays.
- Negotiate rates with vendors and find partnerships, where necessary, creating consistency and efficiencies within the department.
- Create and distribute itineraries, supporting documents and communication for travel logistics.
- Create and maintain operational policies and procedures for team travel.
Credit Card Processing and Reimbursements (25 %)
- Process expenses, reimbursements, and invoices to support coaches and teams.
- Create team travel budgets and work in partnership with the athletics business office to track and manage the team travel budget throughout the year.
Project Management (25%)
- Provides research and logistical support to Associate AD and Sport Administrators within the Team Planning annual cycle.
- Develops, maintains, and promotes project management methodologies, standards, policies, processes, practices, tools and templates.
- Coordinates day-to-day updates, details and follows through on projects underway, while responsible for status updates within the Sport Administration Team.
- Prepares meeting materials for pre- and post-season meetings;
- Collects meeting minutes and documents action items logged at each meeting;
- Manages follow-up on action items with relevant team members and Associate AD.
- Work in partnership with the DIARS GLUE to set team priorities and execute team strategy.
- Collaborate on a variety of projects to deliver process improvement and increased efficiencies for team-wide implementation.
- Execute team-wide administrative needs and office management.
- Build and sustain relationships with a wide variety of constituents across the Athletic Department and across the University.
- Provide support for Coaches meetings as needed, to include meeting setup, food orders, and preparation of materials.
- Manage a credited student intern(s) throughout the academic year.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties and project work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in athletic administration and team operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with athletic administration in an educational environment preferred.
- Ability to develop and initiate new strategies.
- Adept at problem solving, creating contingency plans and handling emergencies when necessary.
- Detail- and results-oriented, highly organized, in possession of strong anticipatory instincts with excellent follow through.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage contract negotiations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develop relationships that enhance overall departmental goals.
- Experience working with budgets, tracking budgetary expenditures and providing budgetary controls.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google programs and Docs.
Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/t92pm6xk97pycjm6