Project Sourcing Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Project Sourcing Manager
Apply now »
Location: New Castle, DE, United States
As a promoter of sustainable mobility, Alstom develops and markets systems, equipment and services for the transport sector. Alstom offers a complete range of solutions (from high-speed trains to metros, tramways and e-buses), passenger solutions, customised services (maintenance, modernisation), infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Alstom is a world leader in integrated transport systems. The company recorded sales of €8.1 billion and booked €12.1 billion of orders in the 2018/19 fiscal year. Headquartered in France, Alstom is present in over 60 countries and employs 36,300 people.
Job Title & Objective
Project Sourcing Manager
The Project Sourcing Manager (PrSM) is responsible to secure suppliers’ QCD (quality, cost and delivery) performance to reach the project requirements. She or he will manage and coordinate the Sourcing activities from the supplier selection until the end of the last deliverable reception, using the Alstom commodities strategy and methods & tools available for the negotiation, agreement signature, main gate reviews follow-up, delivery, warranty and claim if required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Manage the sourcing activities
- Identify all sourcing activities that will have to be managed on the project, including direct (all parts that will be used during the maintenance period of the train) and indirect scopes (standard and specific maintenance tools, CAPEX, PPI, consumables, etc…).
- Define a master planning of all activities and then a macro schedule, for each of it, with the sourcing Design for Quality (DfQ) Gate Reviews (GR). These GR includes launch of Request for Proposal (RfP), vendor selection
Business Award (BA), contracts signature, design of the part or the deliverable and the First Article Inspection (FAI).
- Ensure that Purchase Orders (PO) are placed on time with the procurement team or Purchase Information Record (PIR) are set into the ERP system.
2. Responsible of the project sourcing coordination and results
- Build a strong team connection with every stakeholders of the project and direct communication, weekly/monthly meeting, with all functions (engineering, finance, industrial, quality, supply chain).
- Based on the macro sourcing activity schedule, capture the detailed scopes of delivery, due dates and budget owners.
- Define the resources workload and timeline.
- Build the sourcing management plan that describes all the sourcing activities toward the project.
- Check with the project manager and the contract manager what are the conditions from the customer or local regulations that have to be flow down to the suppliers.
- Coordinate and animate the vendors sourcing DfQ cycle through the project team and stakeholders.
- Manage vendors on a daily basis regarding operations events or project requirements (missing part, quality issue), be proactive to find solutions in order to support operations and final customer satisfaction.
- Communicate and train the project team around sourcing processes and ways of working to increase sourcing metier maturity and reinforce the Team Trust Action (TTA) communication.
3. Implement the sourcing strategy and metier
- Deploy the sourcing Methods & Tools (M&T) processes defined by the NAM M&T and central sourcing efficiency and continuous improvement department, apply it for any project sourcing activity.
- Support the Sourcing Maturity Roadmap alstom Transport (SMARt) audit performance at project and services NAM level.
- Manage local and regional sourcing strategy :
+ Develop and monitor local vendors base, sollicite them for ‘B and C’ non critical or indirect commodities.
+ Know-how of Buy American localization requirements (FRA and FTA) and specific project requirements.
+ Knowledge of Small Business Enterprise / Disadvantaged Business Enterprise / Women Business Enterprise suppliers, requirements and compliance.
- Coordination with central sourcing :
+ Manage the ‘A’ commodity vendors using central support to keep a global approach and strong levers.
+ Organize launch meetings toward Technical Sub-System and Domains, keep a strong link with central.
+ Challenge new gaps compared to tender commitments, incorporates Return on Experience, escalate if any critical delay is occurring or vendors unwillingness to commit on the project requirements.
+ Share project status with central platform sourcing to consolidate the reference library.
- Cost reduction
+ Work closely with engineering, industrial, quality and supply chain to identify cost reduction opportunities and present ideas to project team for implementation.
+ Develop cost reduction improvement plans based on make versus buy for reparis and overhauls, redesign to cost, low labor cost countries or second sources for parts. Manage and coordinate the related business cases.
4. Manage data transfer from Saint-Ouen (STO) and mobilize the local team
- Recover vendors contacts and history about the past 3 years of negotiation and mobilization regarding Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) commitment and delivery dates.
- Coordinate services status for the last equiment FAIs linked to the trainsets production.
- Manage and store vendors ILS package locally to share it with services teams.
- Review vendors repairs and overhaul localized workshop (based on their transfer of technology).
- Initiate discussion about vendors logistic repair loops to deliver on the north east corridor maintenance depot.
- Be the interface with Rolling Stock (RS) local sourcing teams to get updates about vendors performance and status.
5. Manage the project material Work Package (WP)
- Responsible of the material costs of the project which is a major part of the project performance.
- Review tender budget values and hypothesis to consolidate material forecast and yearly spend.
- Consolidate for each Contract Project Review (CPR) the material WP with the stakeholders, establish a robust Estimate At Completion (EAC) status, identify risks and opportunities with the associated actions plan.
- Build bridge analysis at each CPR to detail gaps per commodity and at WP level.
- Manage the project Alstom Savings Improvement Plan to recognize the vendors management performance.
- Support the project controller to update the WP under the tool ADEL.
- Able to work with complex Excel data base master files and understand Alstom tools Providor and MACO used to consolidate and calculate Life Cycle Cost.
Market and Business Understanding
Requires to have a good sound base knowledge of North American Market, any international knowledge is an added value. Needs to have fair understanding of OEM requirements and to use common sense to make decisions on supplier capabilities
Knowledge of Alstom
Knowledge of other functional areas within the organisation
Knowledge of the domestic environment
Knowledge of the international environment
Engineer School _is required , Post school diploma or masters