R&D Process Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
R&D Process Engineer
At Chemours, our purpose is to help create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry!
The Chemours Company headquartered in Wilmington, DE has an R&D Process Engineer position available in Wilmington, DE. This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and the Technology function. This position will report to the Technical Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement incremental improvements and new technologies for titanium dioxide pigment manufacture.
- Generate models of observed process phenomena that increase understanding and guide modification of operating conditions or design.
- Provide engineering expertise on reaction vessels, mixing equipment, separation technologies, grinding systems, and conveying systems.
- Drive business initiatives for world class performance in safety, quality, cost, capacity, and sustainability.
- Coordinate technical projects and communicate findings with colleagues located worldwide.
- Continually evaluate and bring to light industry trends that pertain to titanium dioxide pigment manufacture.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering. Candidates with an MS and 5+ years of relevant industrial experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated expertise with either chemical process (e.g. Aspen Plus) or thermodynamics modeling packages (e.g. OLI AQ or MSE, FactSage, Thermo-Calc, MTDATA)
- Willingness to travel and spend roughly 10-20% of time on-site at our manufacturing facilities
- Ability to work with people that have diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Strong communication skills
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- Experience at a commercial manufacturing facility
- Experience modeling and working with large scale industrial equipment
- Familiarity with computational tools such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Mathematica, and Excel
- A record of applying modeling tools to multiphase reactive systems and/or non-ideal solutions
- Experience in the application of thermodynamics and kinetics principles to solid-liquid, solid-vapor, and solid-liquid-vapor systems of industrial relevance
- Experience in process development
- Hands-on experience with lab or pilot scale experimental apparatus
- Six Sigma certification or training in statistical analysis
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation.
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position.
In the spirit of customer centricity, refreshing simplicity, collective entrepreneurship, safety obsession, and unshakable integrity we are the home of some of the world’s greatest brands and greatest employees! Learn how you could be a catalyst for change at Chemours.