Nurse Educator- Per Diem
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
The major responsibilities include but are not limited to**:**
1. Assess staff competencies according to nursing practice standards and patient care needs.
2. Design, deliver, facilitate and coordinate staff education to assigned staff.
3. Develop and maintain portfolios of staff education needs, competencies and accomplishments; provide relevant staff education need/accomplishments to clinical directors.
4. Design and implement relevant quality and performance improvement initiatives; provide appropriate reports.
5. Facilitate engagements with schools of nursing.
- Minimum Qualifications__(Education/Experience/Licensure/Certification/Skills_)_:
- ****Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Delaware or other participating compact state or hold valid temporary permit to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN in Delaware.****
- Masters degree Nursing (or enrolled)
- Five years experience in direct patient care in an acute care setting
- Experience in clinical supervision/teaching as a preceptor or faculty member BCLS Instructor Experience in classroom teaching desirable.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00122537
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: Saint Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Part time