Application Engineer - Specialty Fluids
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Application Engineer – Specialty Fluids
At Chemours, our purpose is to help create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry!
The Chemours Company headquartered in Wilmington, DE has a Technical Service Consultant position available in Wilmington, DE. This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and the Technology function. This position will report to the Technical Director.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as a key technical resource to business leaders, sales professionals, distributors, customers and other internal and external partners for the Chemours Specialty Fluid product line.
- Direct testing for existing commercial Specialty Fluid products as well as new development products.
- Respond to customer inquiries on proper technical use and troubleshooting of Specialty Fluid products and support customer growth goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge of the current and future Chemours product line including physical properties, application expertise, and regulatory processes.
- Anticipate the customer’s needs with detailed planning and preparation.
- Create technical literature, respond to customer inquiries and participate in industry trade shows representing Chemours.
- Support R&D efforts for new product development and product qualification.
- Some travel should be expected, estimated between 15-25%.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- A college bachelor’s degree in either chemical or engineering sciences with a minimum of 5 years of industry work experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well with all levels and functions in the organization.
- Self-motivated with the ability to independently complete tasks.
- Ability to work in teams and work in a collaborative environment both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in an industrial setting.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical information to diverse audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated skills in multitasking and planning/organizing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- BS/MS in Engineering or Chemistry with 5-10 years of experience in a high value, performance fluid business.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the key applications for Chemours Specialty Fluids such as aerosols, precision cleaning solvents, heat transfer fluids and carrier fluids.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in an industrial setting.
- Ability to work within a small team in a large organization yet still maintain an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A solution-focused mindset and the ability to get the job done.
- Ability to listen and translate customer problems and needs into sustainable solutions.
- Prior experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience with fluorinated performance fluids.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation.
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position.
In the spirit of customer centricity, refreshing simplicity, collective entrepreneurship, safety obsession, and unshakable integrity we are the home of some of the world’s greatest brands and greatest employees! Learn how you could be a catalyst for change at Chemours.