Mortgage Loan Officer - Delaware
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
WSFS Bank is currently seeking aMortgage Loan Officerfor our WSFS Mortgage division. The Mortgage Loan Officer will market and originate residential mortgage loans. This position will be responsible for soliciting residential mortgages through contacts and seeking opportunities to present the mortgage programs to individuals as well as professional organizations. The incumbent will provide service to customers and prospective customers seeking residential mortgage loans. The incumbent will interview applicants to acquire information concerning their current financial situation, their needs, desires and property information, as well as obtain and analyze pertinent data. The incumbent will ensure the customer understands the loan process from application through closing. The incumbent must keep informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured residential mortgages.
This position will serve the Bank’s Delaware market, and will operate out of a local office.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Must have a minimum three years of experience marketing and originating residential mortgage loans and loan products.
• Must have effective proven effective sales skills.
• Must have excellent time management skills.
• Must be self-motivated and ability to work with minimal to no supervision.
• Must be willing and able to travel to assigned branch locations, customers’ homes and businesses, and perform presentations when requested.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have superior customer service skills.
• Must have proficiency using Microsoft applications such as Word, Outlook, and Excel. Proficiency with industry standard Mortgage origination software programs is strongly preferred.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands:The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled