Financial Aid Associate (PT)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
(PT) Financial Aid Associate – Financial Aid Department, Wilmington University, New Castle
Requirements: An associate’s degree or equivalent is preferred or a high school diploma with at least 2 years’ experience in customer service in an office setting (higher education preferred). Must have excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to work with a diverse population. Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Products to include Word and Excel. Must have some experience working with a relational database (i.e. Banner). Must be committed to a team-building approach as well as maintaining an effective working relationship with all employees. The candidate must maintain professionalism and confidentiality in all situations is essential.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Post, scan, and link document received in FAO by students via mail, e-mail (to general FA mailbox) or fax. Process all other mail and correspondence received by the office.
• Perform Quality Assurance of all posted, scanned, and linked documents.
• Respond to all voicemails and emails received into the main financial aid mailbox and email accounts (Finaid & finaiddocs).
• Assist students and families by telephone and in-person, responding to information regarding all financial aid programs.
• Work in unison with all student services departments to ensure that the most accurate information is communicated to students and families. Provide excellent customer service to Wilmington University’s existing and prospective students.
• Receive call and visiting students, responding to information regarding all financial aid programs.
• Execute assigned financial aid projects and general financial aid processing.
• Perform other duties which may be assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Financial Aid.
Hours of Employment: An average of 29.5 hours weekly, with shifts ranging between 8:30 am – 6pm generally, and other shifts necessary to meet the needs of the department. Travel to other sites may be necessary.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: February 8, 2019
Wilmington University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff to all postings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status or other characteristics protected by law.
The security of all members of the campus community is of vital concern to Wilmington University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report contains information for all Wilmington University sites regarding campus security programs, recommended personal safety practices, the authority of University Public safety Officers, campus disciplinary procedures, and campus crime statistics for the most recent three year period can be found online at http://www.wilmu.edu/safety/2016_US-AnnualSecurityReport_Update_2.pdf or a hard copy may be requested from the Wilmington University Department of University Safety at (302) 325-3333.
For more information and to apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1382993