Server Operations Team Lead - DEL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Server Operations Team Lead – DEL
TechnologyDEWilmington,,Requisition #: R190346
Add to Cart
? Back to search results
Server Operations Team Lead – DEL
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com Twitter: @blackrock at https://twitter.com/blackrock Blog: www.blackrockblog.com LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
Technology & Operations
The Aladdin trading and risk management system, used internally at BlackRock and by BlackRock Solutions clients, enables customers to manage over $5 trillion in financial assets. Aladdin is central to our technology strategy, unifying BlackRock by providing everyone with a common language and a central point of reference for our investment activities globally.
The Aladdin and Application Engineering teams within the Aladdin & Technology group use the latest technologies to design and develop applications that make up the firm’s investment management platform. The systems support the full lifecycle of the investment management process, from quantitative risk management to order entry, trade routing and settlement.
This person will lead a regional team of system administrators that manage the core Microsoft infrastructure and virtualization services for the firm. The Platform Operations Windows team has a global footprint and is responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of the firm’s Microsoft infrastructure, virtualization platforms, and a number of related technologies that support the business. The team is responsible for a sizeable environment of nearly 4,000 servers. We are looking for a motivated individual who will lead this team into ongoing excellence.
The person in this role will directly manage a team of eight system administrators across three locations within the US. This person will oversee the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure high quality and timely support of the global environment. Ongoing collaboration with colleagues in region and around the globe will be a key to success. This is a hands-on position, so the individual will have to utilize both their technical and management experience to fulfill the requirements of this role.
• Responsible for the overall health and stability of the server environment and related technologies.
• Perform all aspects of a people manager role (performance evaluations, shift scheduling, hiring/firing decisions, career counseling, etc).
• Provide escalation support.
• Ensure all alerts, incidents, and requests are attended to in a timely manner and on a priority basis by the team.
• Perform system administration duties such as server builds, upgrades, and issue resolution.
• Maintain communications with peer managers in Singapore and London. This will require occasional meetings during non-standard times.
• Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and audit requirements.
• Identify tasks and processes that can be optimized, and be a champion for making them more efficient.
• Assign and prioritize tasks and projects to the team.
• Provide routine updates on projects, team metrics, and staff performance.
• Clear and timely written and oral communication is critical to success in this role.
• Progressive experience managing and leading a team of IT professionals
Technical experience with most of the following areas:
• Windows Server
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Microsoft Exchange
• Windows File Clusters/DFS
• Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
• Conceptual knowledge of storage and networking components
• Server hardware (HPE & Dell)
• Security and performance monitoring and analysis
• Scripting languages (PowerShell, VB, .NET, Perl, and/or Python)
• Cloud (public or private) experience is a plus
• Prior team lead/management experience is required
• 5+ years combined technical and management experience
• Degree preferred, but not required
• Candidate must have great written and verbal communication skills
• Occasional international travel may be required (no more than once a year)
• Occasional regional trips may be required (typically day trips)
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Create Job Alert
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.
Share this Opportunity
+ Share on Facebook
+ Share on Twitter
+ Share on Google+ Share on Linkedin
+ Share by Mail
Ready to make an impact?
Explore opportunities to build a rewarding and challenging career with us. Start your job search by selecting your level of experience.
Life At BlackRock
+ People & Culture
+ Rewards & Benefits
+ Inclusion & Diversity
+ Experienced Professionals
+ Campus Recruitment
+ Search Jobs
+ About Us at https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/about-us
+ Leadership at https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/about-us/leadership
+ Newsroom at https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/newsroom
+ Investor Relations at http://ir.blackrock.com/
+ Responsibility at https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/responsibility
Connect With Us
About Personal Information
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and its supplement here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf . The pay transparency policy is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
BlackRock is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reaso