Senior Laboratory Technician II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Senior Laboratory Technician
At Chemours, our purpose is to help create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry!
The Chemours Company headquartered in Wilmington, DE has a Senior Laboratory Technician position available in Wilmington, DE. This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and the Technology function. This position will report to the Technical Director.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management and execution of lab work for pigment characterization and evaluation of pigment properties within a paper fiber network. While direct experience within the paper industry is not required, familiarity and experience with colloidal systems, or paper fiber networks, or the wet end chemistry of paper making considered an advantage.
- Troubleshooting equipment (i.e. exposure equipment and analytical devices) or their operations.
- Management and safe execution of lab work using corrosive materials (caustic, HCl, H2SO4, etc.)
- Ability to collect and evaluate Weather-O-Meter data based on colorimetric measurements
- Troubleshooting of minor computer software issues
- Performing general maintenance on lab equipment
- Monitoring and calibrating the operation of lab equipment
- Documenting experiments and record keeping within a laboratory notebook
- Ability to conduct experiments safely with minimal supervision.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Engineering OR a minimum of 5 years within the paper and pulp industry
- Strong organizational skills for maintaining a safe and an orderly laboratory
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MINITAB and ability to learn new software including software for analytical methods
- Good written and oral communication skills for presentation of scientific data
- Good record-keeping skills consistent with our policy for protection of IP.
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation.
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position.
In the spirit of customer centricity, refreshing simplicity, collective entrepreneurship, safety obsession, and unshakable integrity we are the home of some of the world’s greatest brands and greatest employees! Learn how you could be a catalyst for change at Chemours.