Quality Services Technician III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newport, DE 19804
Quality Services Technician III – Newport, DE
\"Use this link to chat with a recruiter now: https://flashrecruit.com/user/RachitaSaxena "
Length: 3 to 6 months
Pay: $24.00 – $27.00/hr
Work Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm Mon-Fri with some overtime or weekend work required. (Work hours can be somewhat flexible)
This is to work at the Newport analytical lab for color testing. Degree in chemistry or related field, 2 year + quality lab exp. GLP. no SAM, medical test required.
Quality Services Technician III – Newport
Purpose of the Job
The incumbent carries out analytical and color testing in support of production, process development, and the business lines.
Knowledge and Experience
• AS or BS degree in chemistry or related field.
• 2+ years quality laboratory experience
• Knowledgable of good laboratory practice.
• Provide analytical and/or color testing support to production, Process Development and the Business Lines. Responsibilities include data entry in applications such as SAP, Excel, Word and statistical software.
• Improve and maintain assigned equipment and work areas (6S)
• Support and adhere to the principles of the American Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care® by protecting the environment, health, safety and security of our employees, contractors, carriers, distributors, visitors, customers and neighbors.
• Be knowledgeable of and follow all Environmental, Health and Safety practices including but not limited to: manage waste movements according to satellite and/or 90-day accumulation requirements, inspect air contaminant sources and institute corrective action for out-of-spec conditions, prevent releases into the sewer and/or storm water systems by following BMPs (best management practices), activate emergency response procedures in case of spills or other emergencies.
• Comply with the requirements of the ISO9001:2105 Quality Management System.
Level of independence:
• Plans and executes moderately complex assignments with general supervision. Improvises or modifies existing equipment or methods. Reviews the progress of an assignment and recommends alternatives if appropriate.
• Collects organizes and interprets data. Makes complex calculations. Provides independent judgement of the validity of the data.
• Arranges their own activities with the general knowledge of supervision.
• May train and verify the work of other technicians.
• Troubleshoots to identify problems.
• Takes the initiative to propose and implement solutions to problems.
• Devises new procedures to reach solutions to problems.
• Understands experimental techniques and data analysis.
• Proficient in the operation of a broad range of lab equipment.
• Able to troubleshoot and repair systems.
• Well versed in the technology relevant to the site.
• Competent in Microsoft Office Software and SAP
• Communicates results to supervisor with evaluation and recommendations for additional work.
• Successfully communicates with other groups on site. The technician will have regular interactions with production operators, material handlers, and Process Development personnel to receive test requests and report results.
• The technician may communicate with internal and external auditors for EHS and ISO compliance and with vendors to organize equipment service and replacement
• May write own project reports and make oral presentations as required.
Nature and Scope
• Incumbent has authority to run samples autonomously. Maintenance activities as approved by supervisor. Priorities are set by supervisor.
• Incumbent splits time between lab work (80%) and office work (20%). Incumbent uses quality applications (SAP etc.) and documents test results using MS Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
• Role requires use of telephone and electronic communications with vendors.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty five pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
• The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit; The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Internal and external relationships:
Regular interactions with:
• Production technicians, material handlers, and PD personnel to report results
• Other Quality Services technicians to support workflow in the laboratory
• Production and planning personnel to organize and report blend recommendations
• Occasional interactions with:
• Internal and external auditors for Financial and ISO compliance.
• Vendors to organize equipment service and replacementAPPLY NOW!! Also, feel free to follow up via email to RACS113@KELLYSERVICES.COM
OR \"Use this link to chat with a recruiter now: https://flashrecruit.com/user/RachitaSaxena "
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations-providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career-connect with us today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.