Manager Cybersecurity Architecture & Engineering
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Manager, Cybersecurity Architecture & Engineering
At Chemours, our purpose is to help create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry!
The Chemours Company headquartered in Wilmington, DE has a Manager, Cybersecurity Architecture & Engineering position available in Wilmington, DE. This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and the Information Technology function. This position will report to the Chief Information Security Officer.
As the Manager, Cybersecurity Architecture & Engineering, you own the quest to find new and innovative technological solutions to protect our assets, data and people. You will lead a team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. This leader will share their expertise, thought leadership and overall guidance and support, both with their team and across all our business and technology groups. You’ll deploy best practices, implement new policies, and embrace emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. Finally, you will lead by example and earn the trust of the internal team, collaborators from around the world working in our global team of technologists and innovators, senior management, and, the people and internal businesses whose assets we manage and protect.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop & improve the quality of technical security engineering documentation
- Drive the maturity of the Cybersecurity system development lifecycle, including moving from project to program and engineering design to production
- Responsible for developing a system security context, a preliminary system security Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and define baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity architecture
- Ensures all engineering and architectural activities are in conformance with Chemours Cybersecurity policies and objectives
- Engineer solutions that balance business requirements with cyber security requirements
- Leads the development of the cybersecurity technology roadmap & engineering documentation
- Leads proof of concept research and development in line with emerging industry trends
- Leads product design, development, and transition to security operations
- Leads failure analysis / root cause analysis when required
- Provides technical supervision, oversight, problem resolution and quality control for security engineering activities
- Serve as a strong cross-functional team player with ability to lead and coach others in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- 8-10 years in IT related roles and 5-8 years of experience in at least two architecture or engineering disciplines within an enterprise scale environment (such as solutions architect, enterprise architect, design engineer, and security engineer)
- Proven ability to actually implement cyber security governance standards, such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or ISO 27000 series beyond theoretical constructs
- Proven ability to apply the methods, standards and approaches for describing, analyzing and documenting an Chemours enterprise security / information technology architecture beyond theoretical models
- Experience designing High-Availability or High Traffic infrastructure with working knowledge of cloud services
- Experience with leading security design and analysis tasks
- Ability to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly growing company
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, with experience working in two or more of the following: Network protocols and secure network design; Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, iOS, Android); Web application and browser security; Security assessments and penetration testing; Authentication and access control; Applied cryptography and security protocols; Security monitoring and intrusion detection, Incident response and forensics; Development of security tools, automation or frameworks
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- Master degree or above
- Working expertise of Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture (SABSA) / Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or similar
- Previous working knowledge of various Cloud Service Providers: Amazon WS, Microsoft (Azure), Google (Compute Platform), etc
- Certifications with corresponding experience will be used as a differentiator: CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISM, CISA, Citrix, GSEC
- Implementing security tools, standards and processes across: Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Industrial internet of Things (IIoT), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Machine to machine (M2M) communications
- Experience with finance and budgeting in an enterprise environment
- Proven experience in forging strong business partnerships
- Active listening and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation.
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position.
In the spirit of customer centricity, refreshing simplicity, collective entrepreneurship, safety obsession, and unshakable integrity we are the home of some of the world’s greatest brands and greatest employees! Learn how you could be a catalyst for change at Chemours.