R&D Process Modeling Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
R&D Process Modeling Engineer
At Chemours, our purpose is to help create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry!
The Chemours Company headquartered in Wilmington, DE has a R&D Process Modeling Engineer position available in Wilmington, DE. This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and the Technology function. This position will report to the R&D Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work as member of a cross-functional team to develop and optimize alternative synthetic routes and process chemistries being evaluated for commercialization of next-gen Fluorochemical products.
- Support the process development efforts as they progress from lab-scale to pilot-scale basic data generation involving design of experiments for understanding reaction kinetics, transport phenomena and fundamental mechanisms etc.
- Utilize Aspen ® modeling to develop flowsheets for manufacturing assets that provide Chemours with a competitive advantage through low capital & operating costs advantage.
- Identify pure and multi-component thermodynamic properties’ needed for process development and support the lab experiments to develop VLE, VLLE and LLE data.
- Utilize the experimental thermodynamic data to develop equilibrium models via regression and manage the properties’ database as it interfaces with the Aspen and other tools.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams to design, build and startup commercial facilities.
- Support equipment design/sizing and process control strategies as part of the scale-up work.
- Support the defense of Chemours’ significant Intellectual Property (IP) in Fluorochemicals, especially involving complex separations such as homogeneous and heterogeneous azeotropes and distillations, etc.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering with at least 5 years work experience, or B.S./M.S. in Chemical Engineering with at least 10 years relevant work experience.
- Proven expertise in doing continuous and batch process simulations and flowsheeting involving multiphase reactors, specialized distillation, absorption, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in doing scale-up and commercial design of plant unit operations.
- Experience in plant manufacturing & cost estimations/evaluations of competitive process technologies.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work well with all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated and ability to independently achieve results.
- Ability to work in teams and work in a collaborative environment
- Flexibility to quickly respond to changing legal and competitive needs
- Good technical writing skills and good verbal communications skills
- Good problem solving skills and trouble-shooting skills, leveraging technical background
The following skill sets are /preferred/, but not required for this position.
- Fluorochemicals technology experience
- Experience with process IP and patents prosecution, defense, enforcement, etc.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation.
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position.
In the spirit of customer centricity, refreshing simplicity, collective entrepreneurship, safety obsession, and unshakable integrity we are the home of some of the world’s greatest brands and greatest employees! Learn how you could be a catalyst for change at Chemours.