Estimator - General construction
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Estimator \- General construction
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector\. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world\-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities\. We provide our clients award\-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design\-build project delivery\. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs\.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News\-Record \(ENR\) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies\.
On\-Site estimator to support multiple EPCM renovation projects\. Assist with client pricing for changes to program\. Assist with check estimates/ review subcontractor requested changes for all disciplines including Electrical and Mechanical\. Part of multi project team running $200M projects for a single client\. Coordinate with home office estimators for larger estimating efforts\.
- Reports to Site Project Director\.
- Develop construction cost estimates, primarily on changed conditions\.
- Lead and Estimate tasks for labor and material costs of construction projects, new and renovation, interpret plans & specifications from multiple design phases \(conceptual through 100% Construction Documents\), and generate quantity takeoffs and pricing for all divisions of work including Electrical and Mechanical\.
- Expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex assignments\.
- Use knowledge of general application of construction and estimating principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards to perform moderately complex assignments under general supervision\.
- To produce accurate and quality cost estimates:
o Analyze specifications, sketches, blueprints, bills of material, and subcontractor quotations\.
o Coordinate with Jacobs design personnel to fully comprehend the nature of changed conditions\.
o Coordinate with Jacobs CM personnel to fully comprehend the nature of changed conditions\.
- Assist with contractor negotiations if needed\.
- Prepare and maintain historical cost data\.
- 5\-7 years of cost estimating experience is required\.
- 2\-3 years of cost estimating for Building Electrical and Mechanical Systems is required\.
- BS in Construction Management preferred\.
- Experience with Timberline Estimating Software, On\-Screen Takeoff desirable\.
- Estimating certification desirable
- Basic knowledge of MS Software suite desirable
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges\. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive\. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs\.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law\. Jacobs is a background screening, drug\-free workplace\.
Primary Location United States\-Delaware\-Wilmington
Req ID: BIA0004EB