Occupational Therapist (OT)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Cadia Rehabilitation Silverside, A FIVE STAR Skilled Nursing Facility, conveniently accessible from Interstate 95 and Route 202 in North Wilmington, DE , New Castle County.:
Silverside is the newest of all Cadia skilled nursing centers in Delaware specializing in short term skilled nursing care! :
Full time employees eligible for Medical/Dental/Vision :
Position Description for Occupational Therapist/OTR: :
The ideal candidate for Occupational Therapist will under the supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation, assess and provide comprehensive evaluations of assigned patients in order to help patients reach maximum performance level, and use these skills to the fullest to function in a community within the limits of their capabilities.
Essential Job Functions of Occupational Therapist::
- Administer evaluations of assigned patients.
- Complete all essential documentation and forms related to the treatment services provided to a patient, including but not limited to, billing, physician orders, interdisciplinary screenings, ROM, care plan, etc.
- Provide OT assessments/services for patients with dementia, including ACL, activities to address attention span, concentration, direction following, sequencing, memory, complex ADL cognitive tasks, etc.
- Provide OT assessments/services for patients with visual and perceptual disturbances, interfering with daily function.
- Assist in the test and measure of patientâ€™s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and record findings.
- Assess effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Administer objective assessments (ACL, Barthel, Forward Reach, etc) into evaluations, at various stages (weekly, upon discharge) for regulatory and documentation compliance.
- Develop and administer treatment programs to increase patientâ€™s levels of ADL functioning. Use therapeutic exercises and activities to improve or regain strength, range of motion, and fine motor skills.
- Provide dynamic, creative, and challenging treatments to patients to facilitate progress/improvement for a discharge disposition that is at, or exceeds, prior level of function.
- Provide physical agent modalities, as allowable by Federal, State, and Professional Regulations, to address areas of pain, edema, range of motion, wounds, etc.
- Design and fabricate splints as specified by physiciansâ€™ order. .Design and/or fabricate slings and adaptive equipment to meet the needs of patient and or family
- Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to perform various physical activities such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistant and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes and prostheses.
- Educate patients, their families on their disorder/disease to lead a healthy lifestyle and to prevent injury and disability.
- Monitor the physical condition of patients.
- Collaborate with COTA on a weekly basis, at a minimum, in the delivery of the plan of care established by the OT.
- Demonstrate competence in computer skills for efficient point of service documentation and billing. Report any computer/technical programs to IT by submitting a Help Desk Ticket.
- Maintain the standards of accurate and efficient documentation of patient records as required by law, administrative/facility regulations, and contract rehab provider
- Participate in Utilization Review Meetings
- Participate in patient/resident Care Plan meetings
- Participate in home assessments, if necessary
- Participate in/contribute to Program development within your rehab program
- Meets average productivity % as determined by Rehab Director. Report any barriers immediately to your Director of Rehab
- May be required to work holidays and/or weekends to comply with Medicare, regulatory, or operational changes.
- May be required to assist with treatments at neighboring facilities based on census.
Education and/or Experience for Occupational Therapist:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: :
- Has at least an earned a baccalaureate degree in occupational therapy (Master’s degree preferred).
- Has proven experience as an occupational therapist with exposure to patients of varying age groups in different health care settings.
- Can participate as a Team member, and be willing to assist co-workers and collaborate with other disciplines.
- provide expected customer service to co-workers, patients, families/caregivers
- Will obtain and maintain continuing education requirements in accordance with state guidelines.
- Can implement infection control practices and procedures as determined by a Cadia Healthcare clinical competency profile and/or competency exam.
- Can read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations as well as write reports, business correspondence, and assist with the creation of procedure manuals.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and groups, including managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Can utilize mathematical concepts as they apply to the role of a physical therapist assistant.
- Can define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, as well as understand technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Can effectively use Rehab Optima, Microsoft Word software and the Internet.
- Can work with individuals from varying ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Certification and Licensure: :
The candidate has current certification and/or licensure or is eligible for certification and/or licensure for the state where employment will occur.