Loan Review Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
WSFS Bank is currently seeking aLoan Review Analyst.The Loan Review Analyst is responsible for performing loan reviews of commercial loans and assessing risk factors inherent in commercial lending portfolios. The incumbent reviews to include compliance with credit policy and Bank underwriting standards, as well as risk assessment, risk rating confirmation, and verification that appropriate loan documentation was obtained. The Loan Review Analyst will comment on overall underwriting quality and loan portfolio credit risk characteristics as a whole including but not limited to concentrations, exceptions and weighted average risk rating trends. The incumbent will prepare appropriate reports and summary of findings for management review. Further responsibilities for this position include: discussing review finding with Relationship Managers and Group/Department Managers; maintaining review findings and preparing monthly reports; following up on cited exceptions and missing items; taking appropriate action to ensure timely correction of exceptions and following up on past due items; and preparing and maintaining various Senior Management asset quality reports.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm located at our Bank Center in Wilmington, DE.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Must have 3+ years of experience in a commercial lending and/or commercial loan review/audit environment including credit analysis, credit decisions and loan documentation.
• 5+ years of experience utilizing loan accounting and/or similar application systems is preferred.
• Additional banking industry sponsored training is preferred.
• Background in finance and accounting which provides a basis for commercial loan underwriting and analysis is required.
• Familiarity with deposit and loan operations (payments, payoffs, new accounts, wire transfers, etc.) is preferred.
• Must have excellent oral and written communications skills as well as excellent customer service skills.
• Must have the ability to resolve problems quickly.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands:The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled