Associate Investigator - Elemental Analysis
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Associate Investigator – Elemental Analysis
At Chemours, our purpose is to help create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry!
The Chemours Company headquartered in Wilmington, DE has an Associate Investigator – Elemental Analysis position available in Wilmington, DE. This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and the Technology function. This position will report to Technical Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Carry out elemental analysis with minimal supervision to ensure that customer needs are met in a safe, timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- Perform trace metals analysis on a wide variety of research, process, and product samples using ICP-MS/OES instruments.
- Ensure proper sample preparation using standard techniques including calcination, digestion, extraction, separation, and dilution.
- Collaborate with supervision and peers to develop detailed methods required for trace level analysis in extremely complex commercial matrices.
- Conduct instrument troubleshooting when needed.
- Ensure that analytical methods and results are accurate, properly documented, and effectively communicated.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- BS or MS in Analytical Chemistry or related field
- Familiarity with ICP-MS and/or ICP-OES techniques
- Demonstrated ability to develop, adapt, and validate new experimental methods
- Strong awareness of chemical hazards and safe laboratory operation
- Expertise in data analysis, interpretation of results, record keeping, and report writing
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- Greater than 2 years of hands-on experience with ICP-MS and/or ICP-OES instrumentation (Agilent, Thermo, and/or PerkinElmer)
- Proficiency in sample preparation techniques for trace metals analysis in complex, inhomogeneous, and poorly defined matrices
- Experience with hotplate/block and microwave digestions
- Experience handling highly hazardous materials such as, but not limited to, strong acids (conc. HF, HCl, HNO3, H2SO4, etc.), bases, and solvents
- Experience in a high volume or research analytical laboratory
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation.
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position.
In the spirit of customer centricity, refreshing simplicity, collective entrepreneurship, safety obsession, and unshakable integrity we are the home of some of the world’s greatest brands and greatest employees! Learn how you could be a catalyst for change at Chemours.