Compliance Advisory Liaison
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Job TitleCompliance Advisory Liaison
*Location*125 S West St Wilmington DE 19801
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
The compliance team oversees the regulated activities that Barclays undertakes. They’re responsible for setting out regulatory policies, keeping senior management informed about regulatory issues and monitoring conformance reviews. The broader team includes experts in three main disciplines: regulatory compliance; anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption; and operations.
About Compliance Advisory
The Advisory team provides compliance guidance to the various Barclays Bank Delaware lines of business. Through a “check and challenge” approach, the Team ensures regulatory obligations are met and new initiatives are compliant with applicable regulations.
Overall Purpose of role
Provide regulatory guidance and second line of defense support for designated business areas. This individual is responsible for managing against BCUS Compliance program requirements under the direction and supervision of a Senior Compliance Liaison.
- Ensure Compliance policies are in place and up-to-date for designated business area
- Design and implement common policy guides and materials across designated business area
- Execute routine review of department’s compliance program to ensure alignment with Compliance expectations for designated business area
- Engage in all key activities within teams for designated business area as it relates to Compliance activities
- Work across Compliance team to ensure consistency with interpretation of regulatory requirements
- Tracking and follow up on all Compliance related issues as it pertains to the designated business area
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Compliance Risk Assessments as needed
Basic Qualifications/Skills (Must be quantifiable)
- 5 years of experience with regulatory compliance experience required (preferably credit card)
- Minimum 1 year of collections experience (either in collections or as compliance liaison to collections) required
- Undergraduate college degree preferred
- Certification (i.e.,CRCM, etc.) strongly preferred
- Able to build and maintain successful working relationships with a range of contacts inside and outside area
- Fully qualified and competent in own work, considered subject matter expert (SME)
- Capable of handling most projects that have a short or mid-term focus
- Influences change in work unit which may impact larger organization and/or business unit
- Sets own wok priorities and may manage the work of a small project team
- Works independently within broadly defined criteria with minimal guidance and limited review of results, seeking assistance from manager or others in case of difficulty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Compliance Advisory Liaison
Requisition ID: 90212726