Credit Risk Manager - Strategic & Portfolio Analytics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Credit Risk Manager – Strategic & Portfolio Analytics
About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol \“TD\”. To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Auto req ID:
North American Credit Cards and Merchant Services (NACC&MS) organization was formed in Fall 2011 and brings together the credit cards and merchant services businesses in Canada and the US. TD’s credit card products are distributed through the retail distribution network in the U.S. and Canada; on a national basis in Canada leveraging direct response channels; and, through hundreds of partnership programs with financial institutions, retailers, non-profit organization, sports teams, and other third party organizations. In addition, TD offers private label financing in the U.S. and Canada. With the acquisition of the MBNA portfolio in 2011, TD’s credit card business is now ranked among the largest in Canada and among the top 10 in North America based on loans outstanding. TD’s Merchant Services business provides merchants in Canada and the U.S. with a full range of payment processing services and solutions. TD provides merchant acquiring solutions to some of the largest retailers in Canada.
The incumbent will be a key member of US CAMS modeling team which dedicates to model development and management across all credit card portfolios in US.
Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects in support of the Credit Card Risk Management efforts. This role often possesses an advanced degree in applied mathematics, statistics/probability or economics. Successful candidate will be responsible for developing, monitoring and reporting on credit risk models, preparing and reporting on analyses, communicating results and findings, supporting business partner relationships and ad-hoc analyses. Working with other team members, the incumbent will ensure that all existing and new models reflect the best industry practices and follow TD Bank standards and policies.
Job Requirements :
• Demonstrates governance, control and risk management behaviors in alignment with TD policies and practices
• Leads/participates in the identification, development and implementation of new initiatives, operating workflow, additional services/applications or operational efficiencies including potentially leading special project teams or cross functional work groups
• Assists with developing and enhancing credit risk assessment capabilities to identify and maintain good business opportunities with new and existing clients
• Performs detailed analysis and interprets information to make recommendations to Senior Management on critical strategies including non-standard and ad-hoc requests as determined by management
• Creates reports on the results of implemented strategies, using all appropriate quantitative methods and MIS, and makes recommendations to increase efficiencies and revenue while managing credit risk and produce those reports on a regular basis
• Effectively works cross-functionally with teams outside of risk
• Works with Internal Audit / External Regulators, to ensure that documentation for all work processes is complete and up-to-date
• Ensures sound credit control by taking a pro-active approach to risk management within the risk guidelines of the Bank.
• Ensures the timely communication of issues that are relevant to the team and encourages a good working relationship with other internal and external groups.
+ Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Mon – Fri
The Credit Risk Manager is responsible for managing the creation, implementation and validation of various risk segmentation strategies including, but not limited to: adjudication, account management, exposure management, risk segmentation, and financial return optimization. This job provides critical information, interpretative, and detailed analysis, and deploys critical credit risk rational strategies that ensure the decisions are made within the TD risk appetite and adhere to all governmental requirements and guidelines. The Risk Manager’s primary accountability is providing a comprehensive and diverse range of risk management expertise. The Risk Manager investigates, creates, implements and validates various risk segmentation strategies and policies using complex data, advanced analytical approach, and business intelligence tools.
• Work with Credit Risk partners and provide risk updates related to new deals
• Partner from a risk / loss forecasting perspecitive to provide the model
• Manage strategic initiatives & ad hoc requests
• Run / Code Data
• Assist with overflow reporting
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
• 5+ years’ experience required
• Proficient PC skills including a strong competency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, and a variety of PC-based analytical and reporting software packages
• Experience with the use of Relational Databases and the process of Extract Transform Load (ETL) using common languages such as SQL or SAS
• Familiar with various analytical or reporting tools, such as SAS, R, Matlab Tableau, etc.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions
• Experience in data modeling and risk management either from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific or financial background
• Excellent wri