Certified Nursing Assistant (Casual/Per Diem)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Seaford, DE 19973
Genesis HealthCare is looking for remarkable Certified Nursing Assistants / CNAs. At Genesis HealthCare, you can really care for your patients – and your thoughts, opinions and expertise will always be respected. Our centers are state-of-the-art. Our benefits package is outstanding, as it includes a Clinical Career Path of opportunities. And our regular shifts help you balance your career and your personal life. Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation’s largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA at Genesis HealthCare, you will:
- Handle and serve residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of a licensed nurse
- Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques and recognized standards
- Assist licensed nurses in admitting, admitting assessments, discharging, transferring and caring for the residents’ personal belongings
- Perform ADLSs
- Coordinate scheduling for residents requiring OT, PT and ST
- Take and record weights, blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and respiration and give skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation
- Apply simple clean dressings, slings, stockings and support bandages, under direction of the licensed nurse, by state regulation
- Provide direct care to the more acutely ill residents
- Obtain clean linens and supplies, clean utility rooms, kitchen areas and all other nursing areas, as assigned. Clean resident equipment – maintain clean resident conditions and report on resident status or family concerns to a licensed nurse
- Receive and escort visitors; collect charts, records and reports * Help to orient and mentor new nursing assistants
- Put resident service first: Ensure that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights
- Perform other duties as requested
Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA Requirements: – Minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma preferred – Ability to read, write and understand the English language is mandatory – A minimum of 12 hours continuing education programs provided by the center to maintain certification – Successful completion of a state-approved CNA program As one of the nation-s largest long-term care and rehabilitation providers.
Position Type: Casual/Per Diem
Req ID: 274406
Center Name: Genesis Staffing Services
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, “Genesis”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.