Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hockessin, DE 19707
POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Helper provides a variety of standard and unskilled tasks in the maintenance and repair of center grounds and facilities.
1. Works closely with and follows directions from the maintenance director/supervisor;
2. Maintains building and grounds in a clean, safe and orderly condition;
3. Maintains and repairs basic functions of the center as determined by the maintenance director/supervisor;
4. Takes care of the tools and equipment;
5. Makes minor repairs on handrails, windows, flooring, walls, ceilings, beds, wheelchairs, geri-chairs, electrical equipment, sprinkling systems, generators, emergency lighting, fire alarms and extinguishers, changes filters on HVAC equipment, carries, lifts and stocks supplies;
6. Remains on call, when assigned, for 24 hours a day;
7. Assumes supervisor’s responsibilities in his/her absence;
8. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights;
9. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. High school degree or equivalent and basic knowledge of wiring, plumbing and carpentry. 2. Must be able to read, write and understand the English language
Genesis HealthCare is an EO Employer- Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories