Security Technician - Level II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newport, DE 19804
Level II Security Technician is responsible for assisting higher level technicians with the installation, programming, and subsequent maintenance of access control, CCTV, and burglar security systems. They must have the ability to perform small adds/changes of such systems. The Level II Security Technician may interface directly with the customer and must have good customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with maintaining customer relationship based on dependability and honesty. Ensure that long term customer relationship are protected by providing value added services.
- Actively promote the value of full service agreements with Kratos.
- Refer customer concerns about billing practices and charges for services rendered to appropriate department for investigation and resolution.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending manufacturer training, seminars, conferences, etc., as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for all purchases of parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies above those outlined in the approved materials list or job cost records.
- Assist with performing a variety of tests to determine whether product functions as specified; determine cause of product failure; analyze test results.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the customer, other personnel on-site, and company personnel.
- Responsible for keeping the Project Manager aware of the status of the jobs performance needs on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- Review job files. Review all pertinent data including job layout drawings, specifications and other technical data, as required for a more efficient inspection.
- Review material and equipment lists for installation and service repairs. Document and report any material discrepancies as required.
- Responsible and accountable for all parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies that are released to technicians custody. Maintain accurate inventory records for all items.
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and schedule, personally responsible for the quality of work performed.
- Responsible for accurately completing all required documentation (i.e., timesheets, service acknowledgements, quotes, inventory transfer sheets, inspection certificates, etc.) Forward or bring these documents to the office as soon as possible.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for overtime.
- Assist with the completion of all in-house assembly/test/checkout tasks, as required.
- Assist with solving technical challenges as they arise. Help to resolve potential problems before they can have a negative impact on the customer and the company.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experience and Skills:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Adheres to the Kratos Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Basic understanding of required systems via: OJT, online training, individual research
- Willingness to team up with higher technician but assigned to individually manage small additions/changes
- Must be able to program and install various security field hardware
- Must have to ability to provide both end user and technician training, if required
- Complete basic service calls with some phone technician support from other technicians and or manufacturers
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record
- Computer literate including Outlook and the Internet
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Comfortable with taking direction from others
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be able to follow procedures
- Must have excellent communication skills with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
- Must be in full compliance with company and customers safety program
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:*
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completed Trade School or Two Year Degree in Basic Electronics
- Successfully completed basic access control/CCTV/burglar system manufacturer training
- Must possess a basic understanding of access control/CCTV/burglar systems via on-the-job training, online training, and/or individual research
- Minimum of one year Level I Security Technician experience and a miminum of three years related experience
- Must have d the ability to work on Access Control Field Hardware, Lenel preferred, and IP Cameras
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:*
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
The ability to lift 25 pounds and above
Kratos PSS, a Division of Kratos Defense Systems, is not able to provide U.S. sponsorship at this time.
Work primarily will be in a climate controlled type atmosphere. Occasionally, work will be done either outside or in non-heated or non-air conditioned buildings, presenting possible extremes of hot and cold. The employee will be working in a variety of environments including some that have many special rules and procedures which must be followed at all times. When working in a chemical plant environment, these rules include wearing fire retardant clothing, hard hats, safety harness, hearing protection and other personal protective equipment. This position may require the employee to operate and work from a motorized man-lift. The position may require heavy lifting, climbing and heavy physical exertion.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB JUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-251707
Location: Newport, DE
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 08, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: Technical College
Starting Date: September 25, 2017