Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
This individual is responsible for supporting films and sheet polymer production to achieve organizational objectives in a safe and efficient manner. Additionally, this individual is responsible for identifying and implementing improvements in the capabilities of the assets and the team to achieve organization’s current and longer range operational objectives (e.g. CAPEX projects). The incumbent will be responsible for supporting and interfacing with customers, production teams, maintenance, engineering, and other support functions.
• Provide engineering support to troubleshoot production processes, minimize downtime, achieve quality requirements, and maximize asset utilization.
• Adhere to all required safety procedures applicable in manufacturing and ensure process safety meets Solvay standards
• Identify opportunities to improve product yields, quality, and reduce variable costs.
• Monitor and track process interruptions and produce corrective actions. Lead root-cause-analyses where appropriate
• Responsible for development of analytical thinking at the operator’s level and training in best practices and procedures.
• Work closely with maintenance to identify and resolve issues that affect equipment reliability.
• Design and implement sustaining CAPEX projects.
• Utilize cost models (e.g. OEE, % yields, etc.) to evaluate cost reduction opportunities.
• Execute studies to improve current processes.
• High involvement with equipment and raw material suppliers to solve problems and improve product quality.
• Participate in HAZOPS and incident investigations, as needed.
• Responsible for product quality, understanding customer specifications, and translating them into internal product specifications.
• Communicate employee concerns and operating developments accurately and promptly to management.
• Complete all auxiliary duties as assigned by supervision.
• Attend production meetings to provide feedback on processes and assist in scheduling activities.
• Demonstrated leadership, decision making skills, and ability to function in a team environment, with minimal supervision.
• Highly resourceful, able to seek out and acquire new knowledge or subject material quickly, and transfer knowledge effectively to others.
• Ability to work in a lean environment and work with a proactive hands-on approach.
• Lead by example and hold others accountable for all Solvay HSE policies.
• Participate in Pre-Start up Safety Reviews, Process Hazard Analysis, Critical Task Analyses and other risk reduction processes by lending experience and knowledge of plant operations.
• Participate in incident investigations and implementing corrective actions learned from the investigation process.
• Participate in applicable Newark site HSE initiatives including, but not limited to: emergency response drills, behavioral based safety teams, and routine safety inspections.
• BS in Chemical Engineering
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment
• Experience with Microsoft® Office applications.
• Working experience with Polymers preferred
• Six-sigma Green-belt or higher preferred
• Film, Sheet, and/or extrusion experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple assignments is required.
• Ability to successfully give and receive feedback from both peers and managers is essential.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with an understanding of polymer chemistry.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills and ability to become proficient in Distributive Control Systems (DCS)
• The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
• The employee must be trained in the use and be physically able to use the applicable personal protective equipment for specific hazards in the work environment.
Title: Production/Process Engineer
Requisition ID: GBU004094
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.